Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 20th March 2016 at 1:30PM (live on Sky)

Andy84

Defoe's movement in the box (underrated, knows how to steal a yard & split defenders) might be too much for Taylor & Lascelles to handle, and Mbemba (who I like) will likely be underdone and lacking in sharpness if he does make it. Looking pretty good for Defoe.

Chancel and Colo back for this one?

According to physioroom Cisse (slight doubt), Colo (slight doubt), Tiote (very doubtful), Mbemba and Mbambu (doubtful) could all be back for the Sunderland game.

:lol:

Pretty easy to understand tbh, they have a two point lead and if Defoe is the difference then he's made two points worth of difference :lol:

If we win which I think we will he'd have made zero difference in the overall scheme of things. Considering the doom and gloom reactions to a two point deficit and certain to go down etc I shouldn't be surprised.

Do or die, this weekend I think. Goals are a real problem for us - where at they going to come from?

Atmosphere is going to be mental too and there will be hell on after the game, whoever wins. Local plod will be hoping for a draw.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the atmosphere will make a massive difference. We need to be on their backs from the get go, make them shit themselves. More importantly, give our players the support they need to get through this giant lack of belief that we have Atm.

Let's remember, considering how poor we have been, these are only one point above us, which means they are also shite. Hopefully Benitez will go at them early doors.

I know it's clichéd.  But the midfield battle is going to be massive, in this game. 

They currently play with a centre half and two holding midfielders.  So I'd like to think we have the attacking edge on them!  I certainly don't want to see Anita in there again.  Up against that lanky German bloke, Cattermole and M'Vila, he'll be a passenger.  No idea what's going on with Tiote and Saivet must look dreadful in training.  As he's not had a chance since Everton away.  Doesn't leave us with many options. 

I know it's a bit attacking and I've been against it in the past.  But I'd be tempted to stick Wijnaldum a bit deeper.  He actually offers something when he gets on the ball and whilst he's not defensively minded.  He is mobile and doesn't appear to run out of steam.  Shelvey has put a lot of effort in of late, compared to what we saw at Swansea and when he first signed.  So I think him and Gini, could work.

I guess it kind of depends who plays in front of them, though?  As if we played Perez, it would be a bit too open and attack minded.

Pretty easy to understand tbh, they have a two point lead and if Defoe is the difference then he's made two points worth of difference :lol:

If we win which I think we will he'd have made zero difference in the overall scheme of things. Considering the doom and gloom reactions to a two point deficit and certain to go down etc I shouldn't be surprised.

They have a one point lead.

Surely people saw enough last night to be quietly confident?

I saw enough to see that we can hold our shape for 90 mins which is at least an improvement. But unless that can translate into goals then I don't see what there is to be confident about.

They have a one point lead.

Their better goal difference is worth an extra point etc etc.