Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Elliot

Janmaat  Mbemba  Lascelles Aarons

Anita

Shelvey    De Jong

Wijnaldum                          Townsend

Mitro

Is Janmaat a doubt for this?  I wouldn't want to see Anita at right back.  They would just get Mbokani or Jerome, to peel off to the back post and pump long diagonals to them.  They'd win every header and completely ruin Little Vurn.

No idea what to go with for this game.  But it's quite worrying, that yet again, we don't seem to have any idea what our best team is?!  McClaren was still tinkering after months in charge, now the fans are all in doubt, as well.  In Rafa's defence, he's only been here two minutes and we've had a fair few out injured.  So I'm sure he'll take a bit of time to figure it out.  But it's still a concern.  As it's not like we have much time to get it right. 

Guest Roger Kint

Haidara could be back for this, I think?

Still need someone to come on for the other 85 minutes of the game though

Don't know who should play alongside Shelvey.  Tiote should be the one but don't know where he's gone to. Anita? Saivet? Small but not the robust type we need to let the others go forward. Not Colback please. So who?

Guest Roger Kint

Don't know who should play alongside Shelvey.  Tiote should be the one but don't know where he's gone to. Anita? Saivet? Small but not the robust type we need to let the others go forward. Not Colback please. So who?

Colback is suspended

0-3

It needs to be this to take us above them! A nice 6 goal swing.

2-0 would take us level on goal difference, they would have scored one more goal mind. Not sure how the tie breakers work.

A win, a 1-0 win will do. We really need to win at least four games, and with Palace, Norwich, Villa and Swansea to play it's not looking completely impossible.

4 points from the reverse fixtures. Double the points probably won't be good enough.

Would be ecstatic with 0-1.

Colback is suspended

Yes obviously and even when he's not, he shouldn't play there.

Tiote appears to be a disruptive influence if todays media is to be believed.

Seems like Rafa doesn't want him around.

Guest Roger Kint

Colback is suspended

Yes obviously and even when he's not, he shouldn't play there.

If it was obvious why did you suggest him in the thread for our game at Norwich? 'Not Colback please' as a partner for Shelvey in this game? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Roger Kint loves trying to spark an argument in a thread

Ah good joeyt is judging my forum behavior again. Great stuff

I doubt Janmaat would even be there to defend a header even if he was "playing".

But aye hopefully we've got enough defenders back to play someone else there, Mbemba or Taylor.

I was going to say, the amount of times I've seen defenders peeling off Janmaat and scoring at the far post only for him to turn round and look what happened in complete surprise - I doubt it would make much difference. :lol:

Guest jackie9

Norwich struggle to stop conceding in their home games having only 4 clean sheets out of their 15 games ,but also they tend to score as they have in 12 out of 15 games.

Very likely we will concede in this unless Rafa can work his magic in time,so we need our attackers to be on their game.

Norwich keepers Declan Rudd and John Ruddy are vulnerable to making errors so I hope we pepper their goal at every opportunity.Long shots,deflections,rebounds,everything.

Would like to see maybe Perez dropped and Cisse alongside Mitro as I'm positive 1 of them will be able to get a goal. Bringing Perez on late on will be a nice option too.

Cisse is our best bet to get a goal or two which we need a lot now