Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

We were second best, at home, to a s**** Mackem side last time we played.

We haven't won any of the last five games.

Our next game is away to a team fighting to stay in the division.

we`re doomed - get over it

(Edit: without a Goalie)

Over the full 90 no we weren't.  Also the derby is no normal game.  I think if we'd played anyone else around us at home we'd have won comfortably.  Goal keeper injury is worrying, but I'd still be more confident of getting a result here then against the Mackems who just have a Indian sign over us now.

Said it before, if the mackems were any other team, we would have done better or maybe even win after the improvement and momentum gained from the Leicester game.

But because it was them, 6 defeats in a row, Norwich pulling clear, new manager, 50,000 expectant Geordies, the players just shit themselves until the 2nd half.

Hope the 2 week break has helped Rafa settled the lads, and we can get a belated manager bounce. We're due some luck. Not expecting another 6-2 win though.

I cant help but take my hat off to the "stiff upper lip" optimism shown by some but in all honesty, our survival really does depend on an utter change of both form & attitude by some major players*, a decent slice of luck & hitting on the right tactics against the right teams on at least five of the remaining games.

I refuse to raise my hopes...again!

*Who have so far been for the most part dogsht all season.

I cant help but take my hat off to the "stiff upper lip" optimism shown by some but in all honesty, our survival really does depend on an utter change of both form & attitude by some major players*, a decent slice of luck & hitting on the right tactics against the right teams on at least five of the remaining games.

I refuse to raise my hopes...again!

*Who have so far been for the most part dogsht all season.

Basically, survival is riding on us doing something which we haven't done all season.

There's only one hope... The Benitez effect.

It's still highly unlikely but something might click. I feel if we win, that confidence could take hold.

Guest zicomartin

Any idea where in Orlando (based in Buena Vista) to watch this ?

Its live on the 'USA (eastern) Channel' @ 10am Saturday in Florida, so might even be on somewhere much nearer where you are staying (as this is not really a sport/football channel).  Probably channel 32 or somewhere around there on cable.

USAnetwork.com have it listed on their schedule.

Even though it was a freak result earlier in season, perhaps the players they have and the way they play suits us more so than other teams we play.

Like certain F1 teams performing better at some circuits.

Yes i'm clutching at straws.

The only thing going for us really is that their defense is as bad as ours so we should get some chances.

Any idea where in Orlando (based in Buena Vista) to watch this ?

Its live on the 'USA (eastern) Channel' @ 10am Saturday in Florida, so might even be on somewhere much nearer where you are staying (as this is not really a sport/football channel).  Probably channel 32 or somewhere around there on cable.

USAnetwork.com have it listed on their schedule.

oh well that's just dandy! Just when we decided not to watch you tell us it's on there, I double check and we can watch at the hotel pool bar. :( No option but to put ourselves through it now have we ?

Guest zicomartin

Sorry :)

The usual channels for the footie if you have Brighthouse cable at the hotel are 26 & 1152 for NBCsn and 1831-1835 for the other simultaneous  live games, USA is on 32, sometimes they use ch. 8.

The Bahrain GP practice/qualifying/race will be on NBCsn (26 & 1152). 

Guest zicomartin

In that case, just look for NBCsn, NBC News Channel 8 and USA channel for football.  You wont get access to all the live games broadcast on TV with any other  cable provider unless you have internet access to the cable account of the hotel (not very likely).

Guest zicomartin

FWIW.  On Saturday morning, I will be randomly driving around Orlando (of all places) looking for good wi-fi to watch the game on the NBCsn app  (as I have a cable account) or a TV with the USA channel on. :)

...and I dont even live anywhere near there. 

I'm reasonably confident that we can get a good result from this game if we can stay compact and the defence offer some cover for the keeper who will need help.  We have some good players who clearly weren't playing for McClaren and we have a top manager who can organise us and can actually add to and change our game during the game and that is a strange feeling.

This is a game I'm looking forward to watching and regardless of what some say, it's not a must win game even if we could do with all 3 points as we could lose this and still stay up but I think we will win.

The bottom teams are where they are for a reason and we're the only ones who have good reason to be positive and the reason is our new manager.

Bring it on.