Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Isn't the source for that Lee Ryder?

Chris Waugh mentioned it in his Benitez article, then there was this from Ryder:

However, Benitez is keen to give Cheick Tiote his chance in the final eight games.

The Ivory Coast international came close to leaving the Magpies when a couple of moves to Chinese Premier League clubs fell through last month.

Papiss Cisse is also close to starting a game for the first time this year.

But Benitez has been paying close attention to both players

Looks like it's something that has been discussed at least.

Wouldn't be averse to switching Perez and Mitro with De Jong and Cisse. I think the defense has already tightened up, but by Christ do we need a new lease of life from an attacking perspective. There's just no goals in us at present.

I wouldn't bench Mitro after his goal against Sunderland. Hopefully that will give him a big boost and some much needed confidence.

Wijnaldum, Shelvey; Perez, De Jong, Townsend; Mitrovic.

Every time I look at that group of players I think they should be capable of playing some top stuff. I just hope Rafa can get that out of them from Norwich game and onwards.

Whether Mitrovic plays or not, I think it's imperative that Cisse does. His best football has long since been and gone, but there's no one else in the squad I'd rather rely on for goals.

----------------------------- Elliot --------------------------------

Anita ------ Mbemba ------ Lascelles ----- Mbabu

Townsend -- Shelvey -- Wijnaldum --- Sissoko

----------------- Mitrovic ------ Cisse ----------------------

If poss. Perez and De Jong dangerous off the bench.

Wouldn't be against that team if you swapped the wingers, Yorkie.

Townsend right and Sissoko left with Mitro and Cisse up top, though? Neither full back any real threat to overlap and deliver good crosses either. It'd be a narrow, easily defended abortion of a setup IMO.

Get Townsend and Sissoko out on the touch lines, get balls into the box. Think that's essential if you want to try Cisse and Mitro.

I wouldn't bench Mitro after his goal against Sunderland. Hopefully that will give him a big boost and some much needed confidence.

Wijnaldum, Shelvey; Perez, De Jong, Townsend; Mitrovic.

Every time I look at that group of players I think they should be capable of playing some top stuff. I just hope Rafa can get that out of them from Norwich game and onwards.

The two home games v West Ham & West Brom should have been the norm for us. Wasn't brilliant, was just decent football with chances created and looking fairly comfortable throughout. Hopefully someone like Rafa can get that more consistently from that group.

Elliot

Anita      Lascelles    Mbemba      Sissoko

Shelvey        Wijnaldum

Townsend        de Jong          Perez

Mitrovic

..is what I think it'll be and, to be honest, what I would probably go with as well.

Elliot

Anita      Lascelles    Mbemba      Sissoko

Shelvey        Wijnaldum

Townsend        de Jong          Perez

Mitrovic

..is what I think it'll be and, to be honest, what I would probably go with as well.

No chance it will be that attacking. I wouldn't be suprised if Janmaat made it and I fully expect Lascelles or Mbemba to play at LB with the other partnering Taylor at CB.

I also think there's a good chance that one of Tiote and Cisse, if not both, will start.