Norwich City 3-2 Newcastle United - post match depression from page 42

Disco

The sad thing is any goalkeeper we play would be the best player on the pitch.

Aye, I thought the same after Darlow made a couple of reasonable stops. Elliot might have been our best player this season but only because he's had the same fucking match every other week.

There seems to be a pattern with our reserve keepers being heralded as the best players. I struggle to see a way back into this game with this current team as they don't contribute anything to the game. Wijnaldum has been anonymous, Cisse bar a header over the bar has done very little, Sissoko shanked a cross way over and Townsend doesn't get involved. Defensively we invite pressure on by failing to retain the ball and often allow the ball to bounce and enable the 50/50 with the opposition (which we ultimately lose out on).

6 points will be a massive task to claw our way out as this team have about as much heart as a jellyfish.

This squad makes our 08/09 team look like semi bravehearts.

At least that team had the likes of Nolan, Barton and Harper in.  Players with little ability but fight and pride.  Those players dragged us up through the Championship.  That isn't there anymore, we'll be down for years when we get relegated

It's not over yet, like. A point here isn't relegation as long as other results go our way. I mean, I think we're going down, but I don't think it's a sure thing yet.

Lose and will be 6 points behind Norwich. Where do you expect us to claw those back from and hope Norwich f***s up?

Did you miss the bit where I mentioned getting a point?

Owh aye. We get a point. We'll be three points behind them. If we can't beat these lots, who do you expect to roll over for us?

That's not how football works and you know it. I've already said I think we're going down, but now is not the time to make the call imo, there's still a lot of football to be played. As it stands Palace and the mackems are on their way to the best set if results we could have hoped for.

Guest neesy111

gotta say Rafa's selection experiment here was ... not good. to be kind.

What wasn't good about it?

I must have missed all the other occasions that different starting line ups were better options.

:thup:

No fight whatsoever, no leadership on the pitch. It's like these cunts have no idea of the situation the club is in.. or they just couldn't give a fuck.

I honestly don't think any substitute apart from Mitrovic will have much effect on the game, De Jong will make no impact if Norwich have all the possession, same for Perez.. at least our no.45 gives a shit and will attempt to get a hold of the ball.

At least that team had the likes of Nolan, Barton and Harper in.  Players with little ability but fight and pride.  Those players dragged us up through the Championship.  That isn't there anymore, we'll be down for years when we get relegated

Barton barely contributed to our Championship season, man. It's staggering how much credit Joey Barton gets for his largely woeful spell here.

Guest neesy111

Barton barely contributed to our Championship season, man. It's staggering how much credit Joey Barton gets for his largely woeful spell here.

:thup:

Played like 12 games.

1st half was utter crap, no idea how the hell we weren't 4 down by half time.  That midfield created simply nothing for 45 minutes whilst letting Norwich players to run past them every time.

Guest firetotheworks

Actually hate the club even more now for putting me in a position where I actually care about them going down, whereas pre-Rafa I would have welcomed it with open arms and really didn't give a shit at all.

Guest andyburn

And some people thought the players weren't playing for Shteve. Just goes to show they must be playing at the best of their ability if they still play the same for Benitez doesnt it?

Aye, he didn't get much game time but his personality and pride was still in and around the squad.  Not one of these players gives a single fuck.

Don't think I'll be watching Chrisley knows best tbh.

Saw half an hour of that shit before the match and it's already better than what I just saw for the last 45 minutes.