Championship Planning

Tiresias

Guest antz1uk

anyone reckon Armstrong will get his chance? not sure how far hid development has come along but with Aarons and Townsend he could have some serious ammunition

Unprecedented coverage on NBC here via a brilliant app and every match on tv in hd for the premier league, stuck with Pardew, Carver, and McClaren and watch us lose ever week like over 100x like some f***ing fool.

Get relegated, potentially hire Rafa, now stressing the f*** out over BeIN's American coverage. f*** sake.

Any likelihood of you coming over?

The squad is unbalanced. We have far too many players whose best position is behind the main striker (De Jong, Perez, Sissoko and Wijnaldum). Rafa has barely played De Jong and he hasn't really played Perez in the number 10 position. I'd be surprised if all 4 players stayed.

Even if Aarons is staying we need another left winger for competition if nothing else. Same with the right wing and right back, depending on who stays.

As for strikers, we'd hope to move Cisse and Riviere on. If Rafa stays and continues to play one striker we won't need as many strikers. I'd like more than just Armstrong, Perez and Mitrovic as the options, especially as none of them are guaranteed high scorers and Mitrovic starts the season with a 4 game ban. A striker with a record for being a regular goal scorer in the Premiership/Championship would be essential.

A centre back to replace Steven Taylor and another if Colo goes.

Remember last time we were in the Championship and BBC had rights to some Sat evening matches, and picked us a good few. I would imagine we'll see a fair bit of TV time again next season.

They showed one championship game a month if I remember correctly ? I think they showed us 3 times... Opening day of the season against WBA, the game where we thumped Ipswich, and the home game against boro The Sunday before Christmas,

Channel 5 have the Highlights rights these days, when we were last in the championship the BBC used to show them on a show that was on after MOTD.

Only live games now are on Sky I think.

Guest antz1uk

The squad is unbalanced. We have far too many players whose best position is behind the main striker (De Jong, Perez, Sissoko and Wijnaldum). Rafa has barely played De Jong and he hasn't really played Perez in the number 10 position. I'd be surprised if all 4 players stayed.

Even if Aarons is staying we need another left winger for competition if nothing else. Same with the right wing and right back, depending on who stays.

As for strikers, we'd hope to move Cisse and Riviere on. If Rafa stays and continues to play one striker we won't need as many strikers. I'd like more than just Armstrong, Perez and Mitrovic as the options, especially as none of them are guaranteed high scores and Mitrovic starts the season with a 4 game ban. A striker with a record for being a regular goal scorer in the Premiership/Championship would be essential.

What's the craic with Sameobi? he signed a new one year extension last season then was loaned out. personally i think he's useless however is he now ot of contract? Could Rafa work some magic?

Unprecedented coverage on NBC here via a brilliant app and every match on tv in hd for the premier league, stuck with Pardew, Carver, and McClaren and watch us lose ever week like over 100x like some f***ing fool.

Get relegated, potentially hire Rafa, now stressing the f*** out over BeIN's American coverage. f*** sake.

Any likelihood of you coming over?

Yeah, as long as we hire Rafa I'll plan a trip after the schedule comes out for either this calendar year or the next. Will take a Friday and Monday off from work and make the trip over. My dream of coming to SJP could finally happen.

Which players do you reckon are most likely to leave? Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Shelvey? There's more hope about Townsend, but difficult to say really as he'll probably have a few offers, especially if he goes to the Euros and does well.

Which players do you reckon are most likely to leave? Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Shelvey? There's more hope about Townsend, but difficult to say really as he'll probably have a few offers, especially if he goes to the Euros and does well.

Wijnaldum, Siem De Jong, Janmaat.

Somehow I feel like Rafa may try and convince Moussa to stay. I hope Shelvey is off loaded or loaned out for a year, as I'd rather get a new central midfield passer and defensive midfielder to play in Rafa's 2.

I'd say Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Tiote and Cisse are certain to go but the rest could go either way. Townsend/Perez could be pulled in by the Rafa factor.

The three subs vs Spurs will definitely go. Cisse and Tiote likely too. Krul could go, as will Taylor. I really hope we keep Townsend but there is a chance he's gone too.

Lascelles might have done enough to turn heads, if stones leaves Everton it's possible he'd go too.

Siem is a funny one. Think he'd be a real asset if he stays but likely he won't be happy down a division.

Roberts could be a good backup - Seemed pretty good to me, but may be a season too early for him

The three subs vs Spurs will definitely go. Cisse and Tiote likely too. Krul could go, as will Taylor. I really hope we keep Townsend but there is a chance he's gone too.

Lascelles might have done enough to turn heads, if stones leaves Everton it's possible he'd go too.

Siem is a funny one. Think he'd be a real asset if he stays but likely he won't be happy down a division.

Cisse and Tiote look like they will definitely be gone, although we still don't have anyone to do the Tiote role effectively so a replacement will be high on Rafa's shopping list since he doesn't seem to fancy Saivet at all.

As for strikers, we'd hope to move Cisse and Riviere on. If Rafa stays and continues to play one striker we won't need as many strikers. I'd like more than just Armstrong, Perez and Mitrovic as the options, especially as none of them are guaranteed high scores and Mitrovic starts the season with a 4 game ban. A striker with a record for being a regular goal scorer in the Premiership/Championship would be essential.

What's the craic with Sameobi? he signed a new one year extension last season then was loaned out. personally i think he's useless however is he now ot of contract? Could Rafa work some magic?

Provided he's on peanuts he'll stay I'd have thought.

Roberts could be a good backup - Seemed pretty good to me, but may be a season too early for him

He should be loaned out.

Aston Villa getting taken over. Talk of Di Matteo as manager.

Think Rafa has the edge over him like, well, I know he does. Interested to see who our rivals will be.

If Villa sort themselves out, it might be like the 06-07 Serie B, where you had Juventus, Napoli and Genoa take the top spots.  :lol:  Just not fair on the other teams.

If Villa sort themselves out, it might be like the 06-07 Serie B, where you had Juventus, Napoli and Genoa take the top spots.  :lol:  Just not fair on the other teams.

Who's the 3rd team?

Aston Villa getting taken over. Talk of Di Matteo as manager.

Think Rafa has the edge over him like, well, I know he does. Interested to see who our rivals will be.

Two champions league winners in the championship, wow.

Who's the 3rd team?

Just meant automatic promotion really - Serie B has a rule where if the 3rd place team are 10+ points ahead of 4th place, then they don't bother with the playoffs, which happened with Genoa.

If Villa sort themselves out, it might be like the 06-07 Serie B, where you had Juventus, Napoli and Genoa take the top spots.  [emoji38]  Just not fair on the other teams.

Who's the 3rd team?

Just meant automatic promotion really - Serie B has a rule where if the 3rd place team are 10+ points ahead of 4th place, then they don't bother with the playoffs, which happened with Genoa.

Really good rule