Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City - Post-match delight from p.20

Disco

Can anyone confirm if Townsends corner went out of play and back in for the 1st goal??

Everyone around me thought so and was expecting a flag.

Assume not since we have goal line technology now. Or is that only covering the width of the goal?

Think that only covers the goal itself

what the fuck has happened to Moreno?

unplayable at the start of the season, horrific today.

I think you mean Montero? If we give Aguero the time, space and chances he had today we'll be on the end of a hiding on Tuesday.

Guest reefatoon

what the f*** has happened to Moreno?

unplayable at the start of the season, horrific today.

A lot to do with how Townsend doubled up on him. We did very well down our right.

Not a great performance, but hopefully that's a confidence-booster.

We got that vital first goal, and we should have then been able to hit them on the break. Trouble is, whenever we had a turnover, we weren't technically good enough, or maybe composed enough, to take advantage. We just gave it away. So I'm not surprised about the 34% possession stat.

It changed when Mitrovic and Perez came on. I understand the point that Cisse is more mobile than Mitrovic, but the guy doesn't play with his brain and hasn't much physical presence.

There's some hope left because looking at the remaining fixtures Villa are down and Palace are safe, so they won't be busting a gut. Hopefully, Spurs will have lost out to Leicester but secured a CL place, so will have nothing to play for. City are more interested in the Champions League. The only one that looks doomed is the Scousers away.

I agree with all this, but will bin dippers be wanting another Euro league,Thursday night specials next season. I doubt they wouldn't try at home vs us, but I wouldn't be wanting Thursday nights next season if I was klopp?

We're the best team in the world. Yay. We won.  :frantic:

Wasn't pretty, but a massive win and a good hoof for the goal difference.

Lascelles impressed, again. Thought Cisse linked up quite well at times, some neat touches.

Townsend was excellent.

Not the greatest performance ever, but a bit of confidence going into another big game on Tuesday.

Swansea came, rolled over and died - perfect opponents today.

Not a great performance, but hopefully that's a confidence-booster.

We got that vital first goal, and we should have then been able to hit them on the break. Trouble is, whenever we had a turnover, we weren't technically good enough, or maybe composed enough, to take advantage. We just gave it away. So I'm not surprised about the 34% possession stat.

It changed when Mitrovic and Perez came on. I understand the point that Cisse is more mobile than Mitrovic, but the guy doesn't play with his brain and hasn't much physical presence.

There's some hope left because looking at the remaining fixtures Villa are down and Palace are safe, so they won't be busting a gut. Hopefully, Spurs will have lost out to Leicester but secured a CL place, so will have nothing to play for. City are more interested in the Champions League. The only one that looks doomed is the Scousers away.

I agree with all this, but will bin dippers be wanting another Euro league,Thursday night specials next season. I doubt they wouldn't try at home vs us, but I wouldn't be wanting Thursday nights next season if I was klopp?

Winning the EL means they would qualify for the champions league.

Just watched the game on Football First and can't believe how poor a relection the scoreline is of the game. There's no way we were three goals better.

So?

So it's hardly worth getting excited about such a pedestrian performance. We were not good by any means.

Just watched the game on Football First and can't believe how poor a relection the scoreline is of the game. There's no way we were three goals better.

So?

So it's hardly worth getting excited about such a pedestrian performance. We were not good by any means.

3-0 flattered us but I was pleased to see us execute a game plan and show some discipline. It seemed to me that Rafa realised they were going to have the ball a lot, as they always do, so rather than run around kicking them getting dragged out of shape we invited them on and pressed them well. We gave nothing away all day, everybody stuck to their task and he picked a team that best suited his tactics rather than trying to get say Shelvey to cover the ground.

Lascelles was exceptional and Townsend wasn't far behind, showed good work ethic which I hadn't really seen from him before. It wasn't a vintage performance by any means but I imagine we'll set up exactly the same on Tuesday.

So?

3-0 flattered us but I was pleased to see us execute a game plan and show some discipline. It seemed to me that Rafa realised they were going to have the ball a lot, as they always do, so rather than run around kicking them getting dragged out of shape we invited them on and pressed them well. We gave nothing away all day, everybody stuck to their task and he picked a team that best suited his tactics rather than trying to get say Shelvey to cover the ground.

Lascelles was exceptional and Townsend wasn't far behind, showed good work ethic which I hadn't really seen from him before. It wasn't a vintage performance by any means but I imagine we'll set up exactly the same on Tuesday.

I'd say we were very compact and agree that Lascelles and Townsend did well but, let's not forget how much possession and how many chances they had before we got the second. This could, and possible should, have been very different.

So?

I'd say we were very compact and agree that Lascelles and Townsend did well but, let's not forget how much possession and how many chances they had before we got the second. This could, and possible should, have been very different.

3 at most.

So?

I think Mitrovic should have been on 10 minutes sooner just to try and stem the flow, the ball kept coming back at us a lot in the second half but when you're 19th in the league you're not going to win a game without giving up a couple of chances.

All the goals are absolutely s**** but I don't give a f***.

I thought that they were great goals, not goal of the month candidates but they were fighting goals where we could have easily given up on and not scored.

I thought that they were great goals, not goal of the month candidates but they were fighting goals where we could have easily given up on and not scored.

Not pleasing on the eye but satisfying all the same, first one was in off the keeper, second was a double rebound that bounced around before he hooked it in, last one was pick of the bunch but still took a deflection, can't grumble though and as you say a lot of fight involved, especially the first and third.

Went and watched my local side here after watching this and they won 5-1. Don't know what to do after seeing 8 goals in one day. Feels like more than I've seen all year. Still think were fucked, but it was nice to not have my weekend completely ruined.

Guest firetotheworks

You can't expect to go from one extreme to another within one match, it never ever happens like that when confidence is low. There's usually a moment or a result that feeds into the confidence which then feeds into performances. Hopefully this result is the thing that does it for us.

Scrappy for sure, but not the result from defensive or goalkeeping howlers. That's what I would call shite goals. By my definition, half the goals we've conceded this season have been shite goals. Our goals from the corners yesterday both had good delivery. A shite goal is when you have poor delivery or non-existent defending, like Norwich's first against us. Southampton's too.

Swansea did look like they were on holiday mind.