Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City - Post-match delight from p.20

Disco

Just a small point about Townsend's goal. If that's a game against the mackems, home or away, Mitrovic gets called for a foul on their defender, every single time. It absolutely wasn't a foul, but that's the sort of shit we get pulled up for in every derby, basically just trying and using your body.

Pleased with the win. Second half was far more bearable to watch. Glad Sissoko has finally done something useful. Townsend was pretty dangerous all game. Lascelles man of the match for me.

Out of relegation zone if we beat city.

Norwich still above us on goal difference I think.

1 goal separates.

Aye, a win will put us above them, if it's by only 1 goal then we will go above on goals scored.

It wasn't REALLY shakey, usually in a match there are a couple of opportunities for the OPP.

Was ALOT better than earlier matches and I also think we saw a collective pressing today which has been lacking for the 90+ mins in other matches - starting from the top.

Guest firetotheworks

As close as we've been to looking like we can get out of it in absolutely ages. It's possible that we can lose against Man City and Liverpool, then beat Palace (Ugh God, I'm not looking forward to that match) and still go ahead of them. Although Sunderland obviously can too and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat Arsenal.