Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester City - Post-match relief from p.39

Kaizero

The 'good' thing is that the linesman might feel tempted to even things up in the second half. But I doubt it.

All of the people calling him a twat down the touchline for the remainder of the game is bound endear NUFC to him :laugh:

The 'good' thing is that the linesman might feel tempted to even things up in the second half. But I doubt it.

Aye, that's what I'm hoping. Couple of generous decisions...

Even things up against one of the league's elite clubs :yao:

Hope people don't get high and mighty about Sissoko finally giving a shit after months of barely trying.

When you're playing out of position with a large proportion of the team that simply don't give a fuck it's probably pretty easy to let your head drop.  As far as I can see, Rafa has come in and identified the wasters and the mongrels and now for the most part there's 11 men on the pitch who do actually give a shit and who will put in the work and effort.  That's got to be a lift for any player worth their salt as well as being played where he feels he's most effective and wearing the captains armband.

It's a fair point. Shouldn't be an excuse as to why he's been so bad, but I understand.

Rafa must think he cares, as well.