Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

There's scientifically ZERO way you won't win this match.

Honestly, everyone beats us. If you fail to do so then, frankly, you absolutely deserve to get relegated.

The last part is what we are afraid of. We don't win away from home no matter how shit the opposition is.

Honestly, everyone beats us. If you fail to do so then, frankly, you absolutely deserve to get relegated.

don't say that, it makes me all the more certain somethings going to go horribly wrong

Surely Villa will throw the game anyway so Norwich and Sunlun' go down instead?

Honestly, I don't think you understand.

Saying we will "throw" the game implies that we have some influence on the result of the match. We haven't had that all season.

You're all being incredibly daft.

Surely Villa will throw the game anyway so Norwich and Sunlun' go down instead?

Honestly, I don't think you understand.

Saying we will "throw" the game implies that we have some influence on the result of the match. We haven't had that all season.

You're all being incredibly daft.

Me no like over confidence, we are Newcastle after all.

:spit:

Surprised there's some thinking we'll not win. I mean, I'm normally as downbeat as it gets regarding NUFC - knowing that if any club can mess this up, it's us.

But it's Aston Villa. Even as an away game, it's the closest we'll get to a gimme.

1-2

Spurs out of the title race, likely to have a some more players banned/ missing for us, it's falling perfectly into place for us....I'm petrified we will fuck up against Villa now.

Spurs out of the title race, likely to have a some more players banned/ missing for us, it's falling perfectly into place for us....I'm petrified we will fuck up against Villa now.

I think now Villa will be the more difficult game. Spurs will be pig sick and probably won't field a full strength side. Villa won't want to be humiliated by another team at the bottom in their last home game. And of course we'll be away from home.

It's still an excellent chance to get two wins though.

Rafa was in charge when we got beat by Norwich and were utterly shite at Southampton.

Just worried the players will revert to type away from home, couldn't have picked a better game to change that though to be fair.

Do Villa players actually care enough to put in a shift though? Think the Watford loss has probably knocked the stuffing out of them considering they were on for the win.

Theres been a huge shift in mentality since the Southampton loss by all accounts and it appears the Rafa effect has been in full swing since then, there's a good chance that should equate into beating the worst team in the league even if it is away from home.

It's not like Villa are a scrappy team who just weren't good enough, they're merceneries who clearly don't give a shit.

Although we did somehow lose to already-relegated QPR at this stage last season....

Do Villa players actually care enough to put in a shift though? Think the Watford loss has probably knocked the stuffing out of them considering they were on for the win.

maybe try and salvage something resembling pride in the last home game?