Suspect package forces abandonment of Man Utd vs Bournemouth

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

@MikeKeegan_DM: I am told that the initial result of the controlled explosion at OT is that the device was an 'elaborate hoax'.

It being a fake is exactly the same as it being real in this situation. That's the whole idea of terrorism, you can't do it ironically ffs. :lol:

Update: Experts carried out a controlled explosion at OT on what has been described as an 'incredibly lifelike explosive device'. #mufc

What moron would even entertain setting up something like that?

Would assume they have cctv and they have most names of people attending provided it was inside the stadium. Let's hope they catch them

It was only a matter of time before sporting events like football, rugby, tennis etc were targeted. Lots of people together is a prime target now i would think.

I've said this before. Often at SJP you can get on without being checked, bags are often checked (and some away fans), but you can carry small stuff now that can cause damage. To be honest I would welcome more security, a metal detector, maybe someone patting you down, it's the way the world is now. I'd much rather a bit tighter security then to go to SJP and be bombed or shot. I know the chances of it happening are low, but still it's always best to be careful. I went to the Liecester home game this season and it was only a few days after the Paris attacks and the failed bombing attempt in Germany's game, I was shitting myself to be honest because Premier League grounds on TV around the world and 52k at SJP are obvious and soft targets.

Update: Experts carried out a controlled explosion at OT on what has been described as an 'incredibly lifelike explosive device'. #mufc

What moron would even entertain setting up something like that?

Could have been a test. If it wasn't discovered, do it properly.

It was only a matter of time before sporting events like football, rugby, tennis etc were targeted. Lots of people together is a prime target now i would think.

I've said this before. Often at SJP you can get on without being checked, bags are often checked (and some away fans), but you can carry small stuff now that can cause damage. To be honest I would welcome more security, a metal detector, maybe someone patting you down, it's the way the world is now. I'd much rather a bit tighter security then to go to SJP and be bombed or shot. I know the chances of it happening are low, but still it's always best to be careful. I went to the Liecester home game this season and it was only a few days after the Paris attacks and the failed bombing attempt in Germany's game, I was shitting myself to be honest because Premier League grounds on TV around the world and 52k at SJP are obvious and soft targets.

Yep it is a massive worry and you wouldn't even need to get into a ground. You would just go to where people are congregated before and after matches, it's a scary age we now live in.

Massive sporting events will always be soft/easy targets though.  Imagine the crowds at fan parks with big screens all over France on final day.  Just take one nutcase with a vest on..

Who the fuck in their right mind does this?

Even weirder than legitimate terrorists.

How is making a fake bomb weirder than making one that actually kills people?

:lol:

Who the f*** in their right mind does this?

Even weirder than legitimate terrorists.

How is making a fake bomb weirder than making one that actually kills people?

:lol:

Well Foluwashola thinks he's a normal person, says it all.  :p