Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Think Carr was lauded as a footballing guru when it suited the club and thrown under the bus when that suited them too.

He's bent as anything, but nearly every football agent and scout are. A bunch of rich folk doing favours for one another for the right price.

Unbelievably harsh man.

I truly believe so many more of the players he brought in would have done far better if we ever bothered to have a decent manager at the club at the time.

That's rubbish as many have done shit after leaving us.

Carr's job might have said chief scout but in reality he was more of an agent than anything else. His remit was to find young players with sell on value and, by in large, he achieved that.

The whole "well I'd heard of him," crack is tiresome. That wasn't the crux of Carr's job and we all know it.

We've sold, what, two players for a profit from his scouting? I'd say that is pretty poor if that was his job like.

Carr's job might have said chief scout but in reality he was more of an agent than anything else. His remit was to find young players with sell on value and, by in large, he achieved that.

The whole "well I'd heard of him," crack is tiresome. That wasn't the crux of Carr's job and we all know it.

We've sold, what, two players for a profit from his scouting? I'd say that is pretty poor if that was his job like.

That's more to do with Pardew tbh, we technically didn't sell Ben Arfa either but under anyone with competence we would have and for s*** loads.

Carr has had plenty of downs as well as ups but the Pardew factor shouldn't be ignored as it's the main reason why a lot of the signings weren't more successful.

But this has been done to death with far too many people straight up ignoring the Pardew and Ashley factors for there to be an actual balanced discussion on the subject.

Either way we are in a much better place now.

Not that it's that much better, but it's more like six. We've sold 3 or 4 just this window for a profit.

At some point he became the scapegoat. All of the blame for where we are should lie at Charnley's door as he controls the club.

I'd say it was further back than that. I think it was Llambias that started the whole purple, buying within ridiculously stringent age and price limits with the aim to make profits nonsense. Charnley carried it on and should shouder a hell of a lot of blame too, but Llambias, well he was just pure scumbag personified. Anyway, it's Ashley who is at most fault as he let or controlled what actions went on.

He was apparently driving the McClaren appointment and that's the worst thing he did, never mind all the average French wankers he signed up

That's the only real problem I've got with him, if he was genuinely pushing McClaren then he was completely out of touch.

Apparently we've scouted Tielemans. Not sure why I'm posting this at this time of the year, also not sure if realistic but you never know. Would be some signing in January. Get a few months to adapt at a lower level and then be ready when we're hopefully back in the PL. He's a bit more talented than Colback :lol: