Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weren't we linked with Luka Modric once upon a time?

He was in Newcastle to sign for KK but then Ashley went nah, I know loads about football me.

:anguish:

Was this when he went to Spurs?

I still have nightmares about our long drawn out pursuit of Arda Turan :lol: Then he went to the Euros(?) had a stormer and went elsewhere.

Yeah, apperantly Newcastle bidded for two Dinamo Zagreb's players: Ante Ćorić and Filip Benković.

First one is a wonderkid, reminding everyone here in Croatia of Luka Modrić, the latter one is very talented defender.

It would be amazing deal for Newcastle to get those two, but I doubt that it will go through for some cheap money. The sporting director of Dinamo Zagreb is famous by making good deals for its players (Modric to Tottenham 21 mil €, Eduardo to Arsenal 14 mil €, Kovačić to Inter Milan 11 mil € etc.

Here it says that Dinamo have rejected the offer for its two players mentioned above:

http://www.goal.com/hr/news/6964/glasine-o-transferima/2017/01/22/31826962/drugoliga%C5%A1-ponudio-30-milijuna-eura-za-dinamov-dvojac?ICID=HP_BN_1

Wouldn't call €30m cheap money :lol:

Hahha true, but knowing this sports director it would be cheap to him !? :D

he would sell one for 30mil, he is even pushing those two players into national team so he can put the price much higher

He was in Newcastle to sign for KK but then Ashley went nah, I know loads about football me.

Jeff Vetere and Tony Jiminez special.

£30million for a couple of Croatian wonderkids sounds like a bit of a non-starter to me. :lol:

Why? I like it. Never seen any, but Coric is 19 and has played 105 appearances for them. Must mean something. Croatia has also produced some very good footballers in the last 15-20 years so if these two are highly rated I'd love for us to do that.

Jeff Vetere and Tony Jiminez special.

Keegan told a story at a talk in I went to. Says the deal was all done and then at the last minute jiminez joins them and tells him he's not convinced by him. Deal collapses.

Wasn't it Modric's lass who f***ed the deal up? Or was that some wacky rumour?

No. Llambias did.

Something about art galleries and museums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are thinking of Remy Garde.

Guest neesy111

No. Llambias did.

Llambias wasn't even at the club when we went for Modric.  Mort was still here.

Guest firetotheworks

Modric came here because his agent loved Keegan as a player. The comprehensively unqualified Tony Jiminez told Modric that he wasn't PL quality, Keegan pulled him to one side and basically said 'what the fuck are you talking about, he's just played England off the park!?' Ashley took Jiminez's advice and Modric went on to be one of the best players in the world.

If you believe Keegan, which obviously all of us do, that's what happened.

No. Llambias did.

Llambias wasn't even at the club when we went for Modric.  Mort was still here.

Modric came here because his agent loved Keegan as a player. The comprehensively unqualified Tony Jiminez told Modric that he wasn't PL quality, Keegan pulled him to one side and basically said 'what the f*** are you talking about, he's just played England off the park!?' Ashley took Jiminez's advice and Modric went on to be one of the best players in the world.

If you believe Keegan, which obviously all of us do, that's what happened.

:thup: Had a tour of ground and training facilities and was hold up in a hotel waiting to sign. Spurs offered him what he wanted which was around £20k p/w.

Is there anything in those Jonathan Cafu rumours?

Mag claim we are still owed cash up to 3m for Townsend.

Ad could potentially take him on loan for free & pay the rest at the end of seasons.

Doesn't sound bad.

photo.jpg

Haa when i read that back. :lol:

Hate my phone predictive text.

However, the deal could hinge on what sort of offer Rafa Benitez's side are willing to make.

Townsend wants to return to St James' Park on loan rather than commit to a side battling for Premier League promotion.

Sounds like loan with permanent possibly in the summer is the only way he would accept coming here.

However, the deal could hinge on what sort of offer Rafa Benitez's side are willing to make.

Townsend wants to return to St James' Park on loan rather than commit to a side battling for Premier League promotion.

Sounds like loan with permanent possibly in the summer is the only way he would accept coming here.

On the surface I'd say fuck him but would imagine such a deal will suit us as well tbh

On the surface I'd say f*** him but would imagine such a deal will suit us as well tbh

Sounds sensible for us and him; I'd imagine Palace would prefer permanent now.

On the surface I'd say f*** him but would imagine such a deal will suit us as well tbh

Sounds sensible for us and him; I'd imagine Palace would prefer permanent now.

If he wants away but is only saying loan, then maybe it will force Palaces hand (to a degree).

Suppose a loan is the lowest risk all round (except for palace), and as long as he is committed enough on the pitch for us (if he comes back) and helps us gain promotion/the championship, then everyones a winner in the summer, too!