Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No idea how much he would cost but I'd love Illhremendi from Sociedad.

Went to watch Barca Vs Sociedad last week at the Nou Camp and he was outstanding.

Illarramendi cost Real Madrid 30 million, then they sold him back to Sociedad for about half of that. He's very much a hometown boy, and if I remember correctly the Madrid move went against his wishes. So it might be difficult to prize him from San Sebastian to Northern England.

Very good player though.

Went to watch Barca Vs Sociedad last week at the Nou Camp and he was outstanding.

Illarramendi cost Real Madrid 30 million, then they sold him back to Sociedad for about half of that. He's very much a hometown boy, and if I remember correctly the Madrid move went against his wishes. So it might be difficult to prize him from San Sebastian to Northern England.

Very good player though.

Ah didn't know his backstory. Fair enough.

Very good player though.

:thup: Add the fact his time at Real was considered a big failure it makes zero sense for him to risk moving club so quickly after re-discovering his form. Obviously prefers it there for now. Can't be arsed to learn how to spell his name either.

I've always been a believer in signing first teamers/key players and relegating current first teamers to squad players. Never see the point in signing squad players unless they are either to useful to turn down or have potential to improve.

A quality number 10 is what I'm most keen on. Sigurdsson would be belter.

I've always been a believer in signing first teamers/key players and relegating current first teamers to squad players. Never see the point in signing squad players unless they are either to useful to turn down or have potential to improve.

A quality number 10 is what I'm most keen on. Sigurdsson would be belter.

Hope Rafa will sign at least 3 top quality players this summer. 1 for each chain.

Ilarramendi seemed a deer caught in the headlights every time he took the field for Real. I think he'll struggle if he leaves his comfort zone again.

Real is a massive move tbf. Never got a solid run in the team - when he got his chance he wasn't in a good mental place. He should stick it out for another season at Sociedad before considering another move though.

Saw some speculation (admittedly Skybet driven) that we are interested in Tammy Abraham next season.  Think he'd be a great signing, whether on loan or as a permanent.  Would be surprised if Chelsea were happy to let him go though.

Saw some speculation (admittedly Skybet driven) that we are interested in Tammy Abraham next season.  Think he'd be a great signing, whether on loan or as a permanent.  Would be surprised if Chelsea were happy to let him go though.

Commentators on the Chelsea match at the weekend reckoned they were planning on using him as part of a deal to get Lukaku back from Everton.

Ilarramendi seemed a deer caught in the headlights every time he took the field for Real. I think he'll struggle if he leaves his comfort zone again.

Real is a massive move tbf. Never got a solid run in the team - when he got his chance he wasn't in a good mental place. He should stick it out for another season at Sociedad before considering another move though.

Dude had an anxiety crisis during the preseason friendlies when he first signed, missing several games. Yes, Madrid is a huge move, but Ilarra's issues were extreme. Brilliant player otherwise.

Dude had an anxiety crisis during the preseason friendlies when he first signed, missing several games. Yes, Madrid is a huge move, but Ilarra's issues were extreme. Brilliant player otherwise.

Thought he was excellent against your lot last week. Sociedad impressed me generally too.

Yeah, it's been a very good year for them and Ilarra has been their best player without discussion. It's just that I'm really doubtful he can replicate that level in a more taxing environment.

:thup:.

Yeah, it's been a very good year for them and Ilarra has been their best player without discussion. It's just that I'm really doubtful he can replicate that level in a more taxing environment.

What's going on with Andre Gomes? Another player I'd dream of having play for us. Is he eventually going to take Iniesta's spot?