Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£5 million for Sandro is an absolute no brainer, but other clubs will be in for him.

Is he actually good then? i assumed that he wasn't based on the price :lol:

It's a release clause

Yeah and Spanish teams are required to have them, usually they over inflate them because of this. I remember Barca putting on a 40m+ one on Bojan :lol:

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

Despite only arriving last summer, Grant Hanley will be allowed to leave #NUFC soon. Wolves, Norwich and Preston all interested. (Various)

this is the other smart thing about the players rafa signed last summer which has been overlooked to a degree; pretty much all of them can be sold on for the same or similar fees to championship teams if rafa wants to move them on

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

Despite only arriving last summer, Grant Hanley will be allowed to leave #NUFC soon. Wolves, Norwich and Preston all interested. (Various)

this is the other smart thing about the players rafa signed last summer which has been overlooked to a degree; pretty much all of them can be sold on for the same or similar fees to championship teams if rafa wants to move them on

I said similar about Diame. We would have no trouble getting our money back there I reckon. He's one of those players who will never be worth much more, but at that level he's got some useful attributes. Probably better suited to a more direct team tbh.

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

Hanley yes. Lazaar we could get near our money back from a Serie A club. I don't think we will get the same money back for Diame, Murphy or Sels.

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

I said similar about Diame. We would have no trouble getting our money back there I reckon. He's one of those players who will never be worth much more, but at that level he's got some useful attributes. Probably better suited to a more direct team tbh.

Nah. Diame is problematic in that no Championship club will match his wages, and indeed he will not want to go to a Championship club. He only came to us because we gave him a payrise and a 3 year deal. However we would also have difficulty selling him to a PL club based on how clearly his legs have gone in the last 18 months.

Other than perhaps by giving him to Villa (they wanted him last season, Bruce is a fan, probably only Champ club who could pay him what we do) I think we will be stuck needing to use him in our squad next year.

Would love to have Sandro here. I'd have Llorente as well on a two year contract. Llorente, Gayle, Sandro and Mitrovic isn't a bad set of strikers for this league provided we balance out the wings properly and get a good number 10.

Would love to have Sandro here. I'd have Llorente as well on a two year contract. Llorente, Gayle, Sandro and Mitrovic isn't a bad set of strikers for this league provided we balance out the wings properly and get a good number 10.

I thought your post was about strikers?

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

Nah. Diame is problematic in that no Championship club will match his wages, and indeed he will not want to go to a Championship club. He only came to us because we gave him a payrise and a 3 year deal. However we would also have difficulty selling him to a PL club based on how clearly his legs have gone in the last 18 months.

Other than perhaps by giving him to Villa (they wanted him last season, Bruce is a fan, probably only Champ club who could pay him what we do) I think we will be stuck needing to use him in our squad next year.

think you're being overly pessimistic, besides the fees we paid for all of the players we might want to ship now (murphy, hanley, diame, lazaar...miss anyone?) were absolutely nothing weren't they, all around the £5m max afaik...we can afford to lose on those deals to make space in the squad

#NUFC have entered the race to sign 21-year-old Malaga striker Sandro Ramírez this summer, according to Spanish outlet SPORT.

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

Yes please! :thup: Make it happen Rafa..

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

think you're being overly pessimistic, besides the fees we paid for all of the players we might want to ship now (murphy, hanley, diame, lazaar...miss anyone?) were absolutely nothing weren't they, all around the £5m max afaik...we can afford to lose on those deals to make space in the squad

Oh I definitely think we'd shift them. Just that it might involve making small losses and perhaps subsiding wages.

#NUFC have entered the race to sign 21-year-old Malaga striker Sandro Ramírez this summer, according to Spanish outlet SPORT.

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

This reads like you're absolutely desperate to see the back of Grant Hanley, which is quite humorous.

51m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

This reads like you're absolutely desperate to see the back of Grant Hanley, which is quite humorous.

:lol:

I meant Sandro :thup: :)