Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why? I never get that. Chelsea may have no intention of selling him. If he can do a job to help us stabilise next season then if it's just for 12 months, I'll take it.

:thup:

Also I can't see him  breaking through at chelsea. no one ever does. A 12 month loan with a release clause may be doable.

We do need to pad-out the squad, especially up front because Gayle is the only one capable next season. Would have no issue with a couple of loans.

That's not a guarantee either like. The most Gayle has scored in the Premier League is 7. Mitrovic has beaten this and Perez equalled it.

We've still no idea whether he's a Premier League squad player who can start 10-15 a season, make a similar number from the bench and score 6-10 a season, or if he's a Defoe who can single-handedly get the goals when starting over 30 games a season.

We do need to pad-out the squad, especially up front because Gayle is the only one capable next season. Would have no issue with a couple of loans.

That's not a guarantee either like. The most Gayle has scored in the Premier League is 7. Mitrovic has beaten this and Perez equalled it.

We've still no idea whether he's a Premier League squad player who can start 10-15 a season, make a similar number from the bench and score 6-10 a season, or if he's a Defoe who can single-handedly get the goals when starting over 30 games a season.

:thup:

It's why I was apprehensive about his signing to begin with, he proved me wrong obviously but I wouldn't want to rely on his performances continuing to carry us.

FWIW his goals/minute ratio in the PL was very good.

Too small a sample size to take anything from it IMO, although I should be clear that I'm quite optimistic he will translate after his performances this season.

Aye he's stood out as one of the best players in Hull's resurgence, always making things tick.

What's the situation with Lucas Perez at Arsenal? He's looked good whenever he's been given minutes, but just hasn't seen the pitch this season. I wouldn't mind taking a punt on him for about £12m max.

Aye he's stood out as one of the best players in Hull's resurgence, always making things tick.

What's the situation with Lucas Perez at Arsenal? He's looked good whenever he's been given minutes, but just hasn't seen the pitch this season. I wouldn't mind taking a punt on him for about £12m max.

Didn't they spend around 20m on him, might be a tough ask.

Didn't they spend around 20m on him, might be a tough ask.

£17.1m according to Wiki. For a 28 year old that hasn't seen any game time I think £12m sounds quite reasonable, but maybe a little optimistic - they'd probably want about £14m I reckon.

I would be very interested in buying a number of young players from the top teams. Abraham, Ake. Potentially Fosu Mensah. Ineanacho.

Think the big big clubs will always go for the sure-fire signings over giving kids a chance. There's a market there. Get them disciplined into Rafa-ball.

I would be very interested in buying a number of young players from the top teams. Abraham, Ake. Potentially Fosu Mensah. Ineanacho.

Think the big big clubs will always go for the sure-fire signings over giving kids a chance. There's a market there. Get them disciplined into Rafa-ball.

you'd have to offer buy-backs or sell on %'s for that to work imo but yeah seems a decent way to go to some extent

rafa will always value experience though

FWIW his goals/minute ratio in the PL was very good.

Too small a sample size to take anything from it IMO, although I should be clear that I'm quite optimistic he will translate after his performances this season.

64 league appearances over 3 years is a pretty decent sampling. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking for another proven goalscorer, mind.

I'm more concerned about how he's gonna hold up physically...he's missed a not-insignificant amount of time to injury over the past two seasons.

I think Gayle has done all he can to prove he deserves the opportunity to be first choice in the prem. And if we can buy some goals from midfield then I would be more than happy to go with him as first choice.

Trouble is, can we as a club afford to take a chance on his fitness?

I think if we lost Gayle to injury then a Mitro/Peres combo could possibly see us through a few games, especially if we had a more creative midfield/flanks.

So for me, while a top striker would be fantastic, I think we really need to strengthen our midfield and most of our resources should be spent there (and a CB).

Maybe we could get a premiership standard Darryl Murphy for about 6 Million?

Aye, he looked limited to me. Was blowing out of his arse by the end as well the baldy Slav.

Don't know why Silva put him on the right in the second half mind, after looking dangerous on the left in the first half