Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Gayle has done all he can to prove he deserves the opportunity to be first choice in the prem. And if we can buy some goals from midfield then I would be more than happy to go with him as first choice.

Trouble is, can we as a club afford to take a chance on his fitness?

I think if we lost Gayle to injury then a Mitro/Peres combo could possibly see us through a few games, especially if we had a more creative midfield/flanks.

So for me, while a top striker would be fantastic, I think we really need to strengthen our midfield and most of our resources should be spent there (and a CB).

Maybe we could get a premiership standard Darryl Murphy for about 6 Million?

Pipedream maybe, but if we managed to get Sigurdsson as a #10 I'd be comfortable with Gayle as a first-choice striker.

Said this about Grosicki last week. Rinse and repeat again today, always the same from him.

He's got plenty of talent but is infuriating with it. His decision making is wank and his final ball is really hit and miss too. Workrate is very impressive, usually struggles in the latter part of games due to how much work he gets through off the ball.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480968/Newcastle-considering-James-McCarthy.html

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez wants to revive a £20million deal for Everton midfielder James McCarthy if he gets the budget he wants from Mike Ashley this week.

Benitez is due to hold talks with Newcastle's owner about summer recruitment in the coming days and could have his bargaining position bolstered should the club go up as champions after Sunday's match with Barnsley.

The former Real Madrid and Liverpool manager primarily wants players with Premier League experience to maintain momentum next season and has targeted McCarthy plus Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross, Jay Rodriguez at Southampton and Tom Cairney at Fulham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480968/Newcastle-considering-James-McCarthy.html

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez wants to revive a £20million deal for Everton midfielder James McCarthy if he gets the budget he wants from Mike Ashley this week.

Benitez is due to hold talks with Newcastle's owner about summer recruitment in the coming days and could have his bargaining position bolstered should the club go up as champions after Sunday's match with Barnsley.

The former Real Madrid and Liverpool manager primarily wants players with Premier League experience to maintain momentum next season and has targeted McCarthy plus Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross, Jay Rodriguez at Southampton and Tom Cairney at Fulham.

Not sure about Rodriguez - always injured.

Guest ElCid

Would be really happy with McCarthy, £20m seems extremely steep given he's seen f*** all game time this season.

Crazy fees now which is ruining the game imho - no way on earth he is worth anywhere near that mind even with today's fees

I think James McCarthy is guesswork based on our previous interest in him and 20m is way too much for a player not in their first team. 14m would be a reasonable fee.

All things considered I'd prefer Cairney.

Just because they are asking for £20m doesn't mean anyone will give them it. They'll probably sell for around £15m if we actually want him badly enough.

What does he mean by "see ya"? Is he coming? Does he want to be ours? Will he be our sweet prince?

Ayoze man. Get him here.

Recon Ayoze are on his way to PSG as well then. You heard it here first  :coolsmiley: