Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ritchie is better in the right. Atsu's best games were on the right. Navas... if he could play on the left then improves... oh actually fuck being reasonable. I don't want the cunt, especially if he prevents someone else coming in. Our own ineffectual Jesuses... little chance of a resurrection, and less of an erection.

Ritchie is better in the right. Atsu's best games were on the right. Navas... if he could play on the left then improves... oh actually f*** being reasonable. I don't want the c***, especially if he prevents someone else coming in. Our own ineffectual Jesuses... little chance of a resurrection, and less of an erection.

No way in hell could Navas ever play on the left, he's a prototypical right winger and barely has a left foot at all.

Anyone starting to believe we have fuck all money to spend?

Not yet, i think just were haggling over every penny and don't do deals that don't suit us. Sometimes you have to give in and pay that bit extra, as Rafa himself has indicated before.

Navas is shit being honest like.

He's not an exciting signing, I watched him for City in a lot of games where he seemed to have a lot of the ball without really producing much. That said though, he'll give us width and put in a shift. Probably one of those players you don't appreciate much but adds some much needed balance. I think we will have to get used to this sort of signing for this season, Rafa is clearly looking to build a solid team this season and look to add the flair when he has the chance later on.

I wonder if it's not our wage structure that's actually daft as shite (yes I know the above article is about Sevilla struggling to meet demands) as it would explain the kinds and types of deals we've been linked with so far. Money to spend just not on wages.

Anyone starting to believe we have f*** all money to spend?

Aye, sure Rafa would agree to stay on with nothing to spend.

Could be he was fed horseshit like, and now the reality is showing up. Not my view mind.

Out of all the underwhelming player's we've been linked to, Griffiths is the worst by a considerable distance.

He really is complete and utter s****.

Hart would be a nervous wreck in set-piece training too.

I wonder if it's not our wage structure that's actually daft as shite (yes I know the above article is about Sevilla struggling to meet demands) as it would explain the kinds and types of deals we've been linked with so far. Money to spend just not on wages.

Yeah, I suspect this 70m "every penny we've got" stuff includes wages, which might fit in with the 5-10m rumours, if Rafa wants 6 players. (not done the maths, just wildly speculating)

I think we have money but what we have needs to get us 6 or 7 players which means we need to manage our funds carefully.

Navas has experience but honestly he hasn't impressed me at all for Man City. What would concern me is that we haven't had much success with this type of signing over the years - ie players well past their best, coming from a much richer club, who are looking for one last payday. He has a Premier League winner's medal already and you have to wonder what his motivations for coming here would be. On top of all that, he is the type of winger who is reliant on pace, and he's 32 in a few months.

Surely there are promising wingers out there, who have already done the business at a decent level, who we can afford?

Out of all the underwhelming player's we've been linked to, Griffiths is the worst by a considerable distance.

He really is complete and utter shite.

signing that minions looking sack of shit might be enough to tip me over the edge tbh

If we are looking for numbers on a restricted budget it would be great if there was a talented winger/number 10 available on a free from PSG we could look at.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-ben-arfa-leave-psg-13294004

Former Newcastle United star Hatem Ben Arfa has been told he can leave PSG this summer

The 30-year-old found first team opportunities hard to come by at the Parc des Princes and he has been told to look for a fresh challenge

BY SEAN MCCORMICK

17:44, 6 JUL 2017

Former Newcastle United midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa has been told he can leave PSG this summer.

Ben Arfa only joined the French capital club last summer, after a stellar season for Nice, but has seen first team opportunities at the Parc des Princes hard to come by.

The French international made just five league starts and often cut a frustrated figure playing under les Parisiens manager Unai Emery.

According to L’Equipe, Ben Arfa’s representatives met with PSG sporting director Antero Henrique on Wednesday and he was told he can seek a new challenge.

However, Ben Arfa is keen to remain at PSG, the club he supported as a boy, and his Lawyer Jean-Jacques Bertrand has hinted he will drag his heels over any potential move away from the club.

Bertrand said: “PSG made us understand that Hatem is free to leave, but we made them understand he won’t just leave like that.”

The report also suggests that Ben Arfa could well be left out of their squad for the summer tour of the USA.

Should Ben Arfa resist a move away from the club this summer, L’Equipe claim he will wait until January to sign a pre-contract agreement, ahead of the expiry of his contract next summer.

Ben Arfa left St James’ Park in January 2015 and while he still polarises opinion among the United support, a lot of Newcastle fans long for him to return to the club before the end of his career.

HBA is "free to leave". That doesn't mean PSG don't want a transfer fee for him. It says he'd wait until January to sign a pre-contract agreement. Why would he do that if he can leave for free now? If he was on a free transfer but wanted to sit in PSG's reserves for a season to get his wages, is he really the sort of character anyone would want at their club? That would be another season not playing football to go with his half season after leaving NUFC/Hull.

Navas is probably the most limited player in the Premier League. Goes on the outside and hits a useless cross. Every. Fucking. Time.

That bit about going on the outside, I can see Rafa seeing some merit in that alone considering how few wide players actually do it. At least the ones that play for us. All this talk just makes you even more angry that we didn't push harder for Townsend in January assuming he actually wanted to come back.

Guest ElCid

This whole window it's been underwhelming..

Wait.

What like January or do you mean it's going to get more underwhelming