Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This season is going to be a massive struggle, it's quite clear that the funds haven't been made available for Rafa to get who he wants and it seems we are already scraping the barrel looking for cheap rubbish or free transfers.

Whilst I wasn't his biggest fan when he was at Man City, Navas would be a superb signing on a free for a newly promoted club like us (which I think people forget we are, at times).

Agree with this.

:thup: He's frustrating as f*** to watch in the City side but would improve us.

Yep, would be cracking. City fan I know agrees he frustrating but would never say a bad word about him. Pretty sure he's git a decent amount of assists in the last few years? I'd be all.over him on a free.

This whole window it's been underwhelming..

Wait.

What like January or do you mean it's going to get more underwhelming

I think he might have meant, it's July 9th and we're about what a fifth into the window. So saying the whole window might be a bit over dramatic like.

Must admit it's getting a bit...oh come on ffs.

This season is going to be a massive struggle, it's quite clear that the funds haven't been made available for Rafa to get who he wants and it seems we are already scraping the barrel looking for cheap rubbish or free transfers.

If that was clear Rafa wouldn't be here.

Instead we're managing our budget and from the very start we were told that would include free transfers and loans.

Guest ElCid

Wait.

I think he might have meant, it's July 9th and we're about what a fifth into the window. So saying the whole window might be a bit over dramatic like.

I would agree but the pattern seems oh so familiar

Wait.

I would agree but the pattern seems oh so familiar

Can't argue with that up this point.

Its all since this Barnes bloke came in, put the block in January and now we're being slow as f**k.

We had no problems last summer with spending.

Alan? Maybe we've only got a tenner to spend then.

Anyone starting to believe we have f*** all money to spend?

I think we have money but what we have needs to get us 6 or 7 players which means we need to manage our funds carefully.

I honestly think we have the funds to get the 6/7 players we need, but only if we can get a good deal for each of them on a player by player basis. We could just  as easily sign ne other c*** if we can't buy them for good value, which is worrying to say the least.

Its all since this Barnes bloke came in, put the block in January and now we're being slow as f**k.

We had no problems last summer with spending.

Alan? Maybe we've only got a tenner to spend then.

Obviously you're taking the piss.. but just incase you didnt know its this guy.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-newcastle-united-fixer-justin-13194757

I'd really like to see Traore here based on the little I've seen of him

Really? Why?

What does he actually do?

He did fuck all other than run in a straight line every now and then for us, and seems to have done the exact same for Boro last year. He's big, stocky and quite fast, but he has zero football awareness.

I remember Village Idiot on here telling me *exactly* the same thing when we signed him, and he was absolutely spot on.

I find it utterly bewildering anyone would want him, let alone pay some of the figures mentioned for him.

He's not a winger. He's not even a footballer.

Really? Why?

He did fuck all other than run in a straight line every now and then for us, and seems to have done the exact same for Boro last year. He's big, stocky and quite fast, but he has zero football awareness.

I remember Village Idiot on here telling me *exactly* the same thing when we signed him, and he was absolutely spot on.

I find it utterly bewildering anyone would want him, let alone pay some of the figures mentioned for him.

The same was said to us about Townsend...and the Villa report on Clark was just as bad.

However Obertan does spring to mind in this case.

Really? Why?

He did f*** all other than run in a straight line every now and then for us, and seems to have done the exact same for Boro last year. He's big, stocky and quite fast, but he has zero football awareness.

I never saw him for you lot but I caught a few Boro games last year and he was dribbling past players with absolute ease, going on Ben Arfa-style runs past 3/4 at a time. Struck me as someone who could be molded into something and would be useful now in the right system.

Really? Why?

As I said I only saw him once or twice for Boro but I thought that he did well dribbling past players and then had no options. Having said that I assumed he was going to be a cheap backup option, not 15m :lol:

Boro want £15m for Traore.

If they're serious about wanting Darlow and we are about Traore then I don't see the harm in us trying to arrange a player swap deal, although I'm aware that those type of deals are few and far between these days.