Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He has the capability of scoring 15-20 goals in France. If he does that given his potential before he signed for us, big clubs in Italy, etc would be looking at him.

Take the 15 and insert a high sell on clause.

20 million Euros is about 19 million too much for him. He's utter shit. Happy days if we get 15 million tbh.

I'm no big fan either but at least he can wear a shirt, unlike a sack of cash.

Sissoko, wijnaldum,townsend,jaanmat

I already said Townsend.  Sissoko and Janmaat were absolute donkey shit that season.  Wijnaldum scored goals, but was a dead weight away from home.  Look at the players we've gained since then vs the ones you just mentioned.  Reputations aside I'd prefer the likes of Ritchie and Gayle.

Still there's absolutely no excuse for not improving the squad further.

Sissoko, wijnaldum,townsend,jaanmat

I already said Townsend.  Sissoko and Janmaat were absolute donkey shit that season.  Wijnaldum scored goals, but was a dead weight away from home.  Look at the players we've gained since then vs the ones you just mentioned.  Reputations aside I'd prefer the likes of Ritchie and Gayle.

Not getting into another argument about it but the way Sissoko played as a 10 under Rafa is a big improvement on what we have in that position at the moment

He has the capability of scoring 15-20 goals in France. If he does that given his potential before he signed for us, big clubs in Italy, etc would be looking at him.

Take the 15 and insert a high sell on clause.

our barrowboy mentality can't comprehend such things man :lol:

20 million Euros is about 19 million too much for him. He's utter shit. Happy days if we get 15 million tbh.

I'm no big fan either but at least he can wear a shirt, unlike a sack of cash.

We'll doubtless get the money in installments so we can't/won't even spend much of it anyway.

Guest reefatoon

You wouldn't think the transfer window was even open with the total lack of any links to read about.

Allan from Napoli - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4091926/newcastle-allan-southampton-west-brom-napoli/

Am I right in thinking he's quite decent?

Yeah he is, sadly which would mean it's unlikely he'd move here. Not the biggest but wins the ball a lot in the middle. Hell of an upgrade of Wor Jack. Think he signed just after Rafa left Napoli as well, so not even like it's because he played under him before.

It's a tough one. In terms of quality we're massively underprepared and understaffed for the upcoming season and Rafa should rightly be frustrated about that, but on the other hand there's just absolutely no value to be had. James McCarthy for £25million for f***s sake. Hernandez could have been decent value at £19million, but his wages would see us shattering our wage ceiling I'd imagine.

So we're left trying to pick up players that have promise, rather than those who are already established, which is always going to look unambitious and underwhelming.

I love Rafa to bits, and he is undoubtedly the best thing to happen to this club in 15 years, but being sensible he must see that paying £25million for a bang average James McCarthy isn't a good use of money.

There needs to be a conversation whereby everyone is made aware of what the true aim is... if Rafa is expecting to splash £25million on a player whereas the club would prefer to gamble on young players with potential (like Murphy), then that needs to be ironed out, because I can't be arsed to read every few days about Rafa being p*ssed off about this or that. Everyone needs to be on the same page.

Thing is - I think there is value to be had.  Had a look at https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/saisontransfers and there are some decent value transfers that have gone through (admittedly for a few of these, I'm going off reputation rather than having watched them extensively and some would be unobtainable due to the club they moved to being more attractive than us or work permit issues):

Driussi - 12.5m

Karsdorp - 11.9m

Semedo - 11.9m

Enes Unal - 11.9m

Konoplyanka - 10.6m

Dahoud - 10.2m

Ounas - 8.5m

Bertrand Traore - 8.5m

Riedewald - 7.65m

Robertson 7.65m

Germain - 6.8m

Gnabry - 6.8m

Lozano - 6.8m

Haller - 5.95m

Chalobah - 4.85m

Gonalons - 4.25m

Willems - 4.25m

Most of those guys would improve us and they aren't extortionate fees in today's market.  And there are a fair few I've missed off the list.

It's a tough one. In terms of quality we're massively underprepared and understaffed for the upcoming season and Rafa should rightly be frustrated about that, but on the other hand there's just absolutely no value to be had. James McCarthy for £25million for f***s sake. Hernandez could have been decent value at £19million, but his wages would see us shattering our wage ceiling I'd imagine.

So we're left trying to pick up players that have promise, rather than those who are already established, which is always going to look unambitious and underwhelming.

I love Rafa to bits, and he is undoubtedly the best thing to happen to this club in 15 years, but being sensible he must see that paying £25million for a bang average James McCarthy isn't a good use of money.

There needs to be a conversation whereby everyone is made aware of what the true aim is... if Rafa is expecting to splash £25million on a player whereas the club would prefer to gamble on young players with potential (like Murphy), then that needs to be ironed out, because I can't be arsed to read every few days about Rafa being p*ssed off about this or that. Everyone needs to be on the same page.

Thing is - I think there is value to be had.  Had a look at https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/saisontransfers and there are some decent value transfers that have gone through (admittedly for a few of these, I'm going off reputation rather than having watched them extensively and some would be unobtainable due to the club they moved to being more attractive than us or work permit issues):

Driussi - 12.5m

Karsdorp - 11.9m

Semedo - 11.9m

Enes Unal - 11.9m

Konoplyanka - 10.6m

Dahoud - 10.2m

Ounas - 8.5m

Bertrand Traore - 8.5m

Riedewald - 7.65m

Robertson 7.65m

Germain - 6.8m

Gnabry - 6.8m

Lozano - 6.8m

Haller - 5.95m

Chalobah - 4.85m

Gonalons - 4.25m

Willems - 4.25m

Most of those guys would improve us and they aren't extortionate fees in today's market.  And there are a fair few I've missed off the list.

Fair play, but their transfer fees are not exactly rock solid. They still have Murphy at £850k - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jacob-murphy/profil/spieler/199527

There probably is a bit of room for error on the transfer fees, but the market value thing is a different concept.  The Murphy page refers to his value as being 850k, but his fee being 9.5m.

Most of those fees I've listed are in line with what has been reported.  I think..

So we sold our fringe striker for 16m, and get in a striker from Lique 1 for 5m.  And this guy just score 10 goals last season.  If you don't think this is a huge step towards the championship, you need a brain check.