Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've had more than our fair share of ex-Man United players that looked fine in their team and were f***ing w*** in ours. Would rather look to the future tbh.

Agree 100%. Generally Man U only release players who are on their way down. How many can you remember who went on to have outstanding careers after leaving?

There aren't many.

Pique

Stam

Rossi

Ronaldo

Pogba

And a few others who've done ok. Fletcher, Phil Neville.

Forlan.

in terms of players who have left and done well , di maria, hernandez, drinkwater.

there's plenty tbh.

Dave's point stands though, we've only signed s**** from there!

None of those players were 36 when they left though. Carrick would have been a good signing in his prime but not now

yeah, i agree.

i'm more making the point that times have changed since fergie left on players totally dying when they leave man utd. It simply isnt the case anymore.

None of those players were 36 when they left though. Carrick would have been a good signing in his prime but not now

I was thinking more in terms of those who are at the end of their career, like Carrick. Maybe I should have made that more clear, we've obviously had one or two, then there's the likes of O'Shea.

Agreed - that ship has sailed and the very fact that Carrick is not interested in NUFC rules him out anyway...we need younger and hungrier players that will add to the squad in the PL.

Of course he would now :lol: We have a 21 year old with no Premiership experience and Jack Colback. You would hope we would sign at least a couple of central midfielders, atleast one of them younger and better than Michael Carrick.

I admire your confidence Hans.

Carrick would be a reasonable buy for us but i'd doubt his ability to play all that many games and he can't do 90 minutes anymore. Gareth Barry would be worse, he has been tepid for Everton this season, age has caught up with him proper.

Guest Howaythetoon

Carrick...hmmm! Not for me, despite his experience. I'd rather just go out and sign someone good enough to start for us in the PL and be good basically.

Harry Maguire £12m 'apparently'

He's looked solid since Silva came in at Hull, wouldn't mind that.

Is that the lad that started at Sheff Utd. Looked a really good prospect back then.