Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

We need an Ashley Williams/Ryan Shawcross/Jonny Evans type imo.

We already have that in Lascelles/Hanley/Clark?

None of our three have done it to the consistent level those three have in the Premier League like.

Ashley Williams is fair enough but the other two are mid table to relegation cloggers.

Will never understand the fascination for Shawcross on here, he's a bang average journeyman who has never left Stoke for a reason.

We'll never progress beyond 10th ( that's if we get lucky) and more likely spend the entire time between 13th and 17th signing players like that.

Luckily Rafa knows better.

None of our three have done it to the consistent level those three have in the Premier League like.

Ashley Williams is fair enough but the other two are mid table to relegation cloggers.

Will never understand the fascination for Shawcross on here, he's a bang average journeyman who has never left Stoke for a reason.

We'll never progress beyond 10th ( that's if we get lucky) and more likely spend the entire time between 13th and 17th signing players like that.

I'm not a huge fan but calling Shawcross a journey is just wrong.

No nonsense centre half with a wealth of premier league experience is more fitting.

Aye apparently that's right, I'd always assumed what Disco said tbh.

EDIT: Actually I think that's the American definition:

"The term is used elsewhere (such as in British and Australian contexts) to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during his career."

That obviously makes more sense.

You let yourself down with utterly mongish posts like this, like.

That's just the bastardised use.

It's certainly used in that context in football but that's not the actual meaning of the word.

Fair, but the English language exists to be bastardised and there's plenty of terms that exist purely within football vernacular. I've got to say I can't remember hearing the word used in its original definition in my entire life.

Not sure what people are expecting us to sign in the summer like. We're not going to spend £30-40m on a world class centre-back as a newly promoted club, even with Rafa and that sort of money available to spend. A reliable, solid, experienced mid-table level Premier League centre-back is perfect this summer imo.

Not sure what people are expecting us to sign in the summer like. We're not going to spend £30-40m on a world class centre-back as a newly promoted club, even with Rafa and that sort of money available to spend. A reliable, solid, experienced mid-table level Premier League centre-back is perfect this summer imo.

:thup:

Exactly. You know whoever it is will probably play the best football of their career under Rafa anyway. You just need someone with the basic solid materials and right approach/attitude. Shawcross would obviously be perfect.