Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had a similar season to this last season by all accounts. Who knows? Different players mature at different times.

Aye, maybe.

Just not convinced throwing 1/5 of our (reported) transfer budget at him is good risk to take. There are far better options out there in that position for a similar (or lower) fee.

Had a similar season to this last season by all accounts. Who knows? Different players mature at different times.

Aye, maybe.

Just not convinced throwing 1/5 of our (reported) transfer budget at him is good risk to take. There are far better options out there in that position for a similar (or lower) fee.

Such as out of interest? Not saying you're wrong just wondering if you had players in mind

Aye, maybe.

Such as out of interest?

Although debatable if we'd be able to sign him, I doubt Sigurdsson would go for much more than that.

Aye, maybe.

Such as out of interest? Not saying you're wrong just wondering if you had players in mind

I would think £20m would get you a pretty good player from abroad.

We should look for anything coming from Caulkin or the Chronicle these days. Since Rafa has come in, they seem to get first dibs on stories.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed/agreed with someone in early June. Rafa will want to make a quick start.

Wouldn't make sense for Bournemouth to sell king who has just had his best season with them to a club like us who will be contesting at about their level? They wanted 20m for their other forward who hes now ahead of.

I doubt they'll sell tbh, although wouldn't surprise me at all if Rafa wants him. He looks to have something about him.

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa buying a player who isn't a player we already know is quality is fine by me. I trust him to get the very best out of him and turn them into a player we come to realise is quality.

Cairney would be competition for Shelvey if he signed. I highly doubt that Rafa would risk them both in the same midfield.

Hardly seen the bloke play but we need competition for Shelvey, team falls apart without him and it's not wise having such a big drop off in quality for such a key position.

Cairney would be competition for Shelvey if he signed. I highly doubt that Rafa would risk them both in the same midfield.

Hardly seen the bloke play but we need competition for Shelvey, team falls apart without him and it's not wise having such a big drop off in quality for such a key position.

Wouldn't Cairney play #10?

Not really down for listing all the players in world football that I think are 'decent', tbh.

then suggest a level of player you'd like to see us linked with realistically, as your post implies you think the ones we've been linked with aren't decent enough

EDIT: or don't :lol: