Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it's a shame if true, some may laugh, but imo he's one of the best passers of a ball in the league; and whilst his stats aren't anything special, his contribution in launching attacks for us will be a huge miss and is possibly being underestimated by those happy to see him the back of him.

We aren't in the championship anymore and if you think hes one of the best in the premier league youre off your rocker man

I believe he is one of the best passers in the league, nothing more I can say really. It's an opinion formed whilst watching a lot of premier league football - not many even attempt the passes he does never mind pull them off on a regular basis.

If shelvey goes without a "playmaker" replacement we`ll be Championship bound

Not really since we are arguably a better team without Shelvey playing anyway. How many goals and assists has Shelvey got so far in the league this season?

None.

Happy with Shalvey moving on if we have something better lined up.

Well that's obviously the million dollar question. I'm hoping him going means we are getting someone in. Looks like his sale will pay for the striker rather than a direct replacement though.

If we let Shelvey leave we have three options for central mid. Saivet is off and Colback is never playing for us again. If anything we need another two in.

The choice of Hayden, Diame and Merino for the rest of the season, if all fit, is scary as shit.

If we let Shelvey leave we have three options for central mid. Saivet is off and Colback is never playing for us again. If anything we need another two in.

The choice of Hayden, Diame and Merino for the rest of the season, if all fit, is scary as shit.

it's not that scary tbh.

Some strange opinions on here about Shelvey like.

He has his flaws, but nee fucking way should we be selling him in this window.

If we stay up and you want to sell him/get someone else in during summer, then I can see the logic there.

But not fucking now.  :lol:

The choice of Hayden, Diame and Merino for the rest of the season, if all fit, is scary as s***.

it's not that scary tbh.

Clearly is like.

Isn't Callum Wilson the lad who's been injured for the last two seasons or something?

Aye - hardly played due to serious injuries.

Must be some player to be still commanding a £20m fee.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think it's a shame if true, some may laugh, but imo he's one of the best passers of a ball in the league; and whilst his stats aren't anything special, his contribution in launching attacks for us will be a huge miss and is possibly being underestimated by those happy to see him the back of him.

We aren't in the championship anymore and if you think hes one of the best in the premier league youre off your rocker man

I believe he is one of the best passers in the league, nothing more I can say really. It's an opinion formed whilst watching a lot of premier league football - not many even attempt the passes he does never mind pull them off on a regular basis.

If you break down his range of passing and analyse it, yes he can hit a long ball into feet and space and exceptionally well, but so could most if afforded time and space. It seems to be his one stand out attribute and that type of passer is pretty much always going to be ineffective in creating chances and goals at this level especially for a struggling team because the game is too fast and played at a higher tempo than that. In many ways he can actually slow our game down and again I’d rather see a much snappier passer even if it’s juts 10 and 20 yard quick balls played into feet or space than constant Hollywood balls. My main grip with him, however, is he is so immobile and seems shagged father 60 minutes.