Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It would be pretty daft to assume we are going to be able to do a great deal in the January window, that's why it's always better to do your business in the summer. Now we aren't in a position of strength to negotiate, just have to stump up or go down. It's as simple as that.

It's not like  :lol:

Well there is the alternative of do nowt and hope for the best.

tbh, we could bring in 3 and still go down, or we could bring in none and stay up. Nothing decided at this stage and there's some proper rough teams in the league this year, us being one of them.

Well obviously there's two views. Rafa would probably go along with the view that we need to spend big to stay up, Ashley would be the do nowt and hope for the best champ.

I think Rafa would more likely go with the pragmatic view of we will make do with and put faith in what we have got, come the end of the window - rather than theorising that 'x' amount must be spent in order to stay up; as it's unfortunately never that simple - we know that all to well... What was it, £80+ million outlay the season we went down?

The £80m was spent on players McClaren didn't want. Carr scouted them and brought them in, threw them at McClaren and told him to make a team of it. It just doesn't work, and is a recipe for relegation. Mainly due to the quality of coach we had. Benitez showed a good manager can get a tune out of those players.

EDIT: Shelvey and Townsend were probably McClaren's signings though.

I'm gonna guess it's Troy Deeney which no doubt the football snobs will turn their nose up at.

For £20m? Yeah, I'll turn my nose up at that.

I'd much rather him on the end of the chances we create than Joselu.  Granted 20 mil is a lot of money but that's just how it is now.

That's not how it is at all. Prices are inflated but it still doesn't mean Deeney is worth £20m ffs.

I'm gonna guess it's Troy Deeney which no doubt the football snobs will turn their nose up at.

I'd much rather him on the end of the chances we create than Joselu.  Granted 20 mil is a lot of money but that's just how it is now.

That's not how it is at all. Prices are inflated but it still doesn't mean Deeney is worth £20m ffs.

He is if his goals keep us up. Also in an era where Assombalonga is worth 15 mil and Andre Gray 18mil I'd argue that he is.

He is if his goals keep us up. Also in an era where Assombalonga is worth 15 mil and Andre Gray 18mil I'd argue that he is.

Let's hope he can replicate his huge total of 2 goals in the first half of the season then.

How far have we fallen?  Getting our knickers in a knot over a £20m deal when the likes of Wolves will be doing these regular this coming Summer.

Its not a huge fee anymore, but still a decent sum.  We should be expecting to get someone significantly better than we have up front currently for that money.

HBA

Kennedy                                Schürrle

Something like this for a new front 3 cheers Rafa??

Wouldn't Schurrle and Ben Arfa be swapped round? Ben Arfa's never been a striker.

It’s all lies, fellas. Season ticket deadline is coming up, takeover has stopped for now and Ashley is feeling a bit of heat as a result. It’s all spin and bullshit from a proven liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then why was Ashley the one the break the silence on the takeover and let everyone know it was off?, fancied putting himself under pressure for a laugh?

HBA

Kennedy                                Schürrle

Something like this for a new front 3 cheers Rafa??

Wouldn't Schurrle and Ben Arfa be swapped round? Ben Arfa's never been a striker.

HBA would be the 10 behind Joselu, obviously.

I really would love it but I can't see Chelsea making a loss of £13m on him. They'll want what they paid. I'll be shocked but giddy as fuck if we got him at £20m.

£20m with another £10m to be paid in the summer when the new TV money first installment is paid.

As ever there's a fucking million ways to cut a deal if you want to, Ashley just won't do it.