Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would feel somewhat underwhelmed if it's Gameiro really. Was hoping Rafa had a rabbit under his hat.

Does Gameiro still have the pace? Not seen him play for years.

He's literally the best striker we could realistically get at this stage IMO :lol:

This stage is probably the worst one for someone like him to come into tbh. Unknown quantity in English football and would have to hit the ground running. Bringing him in the summer would have been a much better idea.

Would Rafa have known Mariano Diaz from his time at Real? Doing really well at Lyon this season.

Yes but I'd be amazed if OL didn't want to let his value appreciate some more. They rarely sell cheap. Missed the boat in the summer on that one.

Yeah, seems Lyon got a great deal on him last summer.

Ironically, I just found an article that linked Diaz with us as a throw in when real wanted Sissoko. Ouch.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-offered-two-real-11692635

There is nothing in there that states a bit has been rejected. No-One else is reporting it, so I'm just going to assume they've fuck up tbh :lol:

Aye, reading through the tweets Ryder has been getting asked about it for a while and not replied. Probably just him needing to shit over anything that might be a positive.

It would be pretty daft to assume we are going to be able to do a great deal in the January window, that's why it's always better to do your business in the summer. Now we aren't in a position of strength to negotiate, just have to stump up or go down. It's as simple as that.

It would be pretty daft to assume we are going to be able to do a great deal in the January window, that's why it's always better to do your business in the summer. Now we aren't in a position of strength to negotiate, just have to stump up or go down. It's as simple as that.

It's not like  :lol:

Well there is the alternative of do nowt and hope for the best.

z5gD4Ya.jpg

tbh, we could bring in 3 and still go down, or we could bring in none and stay up. Nothing decided at this stage and there's some proper rough teams in the league this year, us being one of them.

I'm gonna guess it's Troy Deeney which no doubt the football snobs will turn their nose up at.

For £20m? Yeah, I'll turn my nose up at that.

I'd much rather him on the end of the chances we create than Joselu.  Granted 20 mil is a lot of money but that's just how it is now.

tbh, we could bring in 3 and still go down, or we could bring in none and stay up. Nothing decided at this stage and there's some proper rough teams in the league this year, us being one of them.

Well obviously there's two views. Rafa would probably go along with the view that we need to spend big to stay up, Ashley would be the do nowt and hope for the best champ.

Well obviously there's two views. Rafa would probably go along with the view that we need to spend big to stay up, Ashley would be the do nowt and hope for the best champ.

I think Rafa would more likely go with the pragmatic view of we will make do with and put faith in what we have got, come the end of the window - rather than theorising that 'x' amount must be spent in order to stay up; as it's unfortunately never that simple - we know that all to well... What was it, £80+ million outlay the season we went down?

I think Rafa would more likely go with the pragmatic view of we will make do with and put faith in what we have got, come the end of the window - rather than theorising that 'x' amount must be spent in order to stay up; as it's unfortunately never that simple - we know that all to well... What was it, £80+ million outlay the season we went down?

You mean that year when we spent money on players, but skimped on paying compensation for a proper manager?