Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I suspect we are trying to do just enough to get out of the championship whilst maintaining a lot of the current crop.  If we do go back up I would expect that is when Benitez will go for bigger targets who we can't attract now

People seem to really rate Bamford and I dont know why.

Agree with you on this. He was poor at both Palace and Norwich so I have my doubts that he is premier league standard.

He's proven he can do it in the championship though so a 1 year loan deal wouldn't be the worst business.

I suspect we are trying to do just enough to get out of the championship whilst maintaining a lot of the current crop.  If we do go back up I would expect that is when Benitez will go for bigger targets who we can't attract now

Aye with PL money to help fund that too. I agree with this.

As a player he was always solid, nothing more, really. He'd probably do a job as a squad player in the Championship. The move would be more about building a stronger dressing room than having an impact on the pitch. In that respect, it'd be a decent move.

He'd be a great veteran addition to what's supposedly going to be a young defense.

Going to this:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/alvaro-arbeloa-of-real-madrid-lifts-the-champions-league-trophy-the-picture-id493950137

from this:

CkB8E9WWkAAbn2X.jpg

Who'd you rather learn from? :lol:

Like the look of Assombalonga at Forest. Young and scores goals. Brilliant name too.

Dembele at fulham too.

That said we have 4 young strikers that could light the championship up. We need experience upfront imo.

Anichebe is one that should have gone down to the Championship 5 years ago and really looked to play every week and bang in goals to build up his confidence.

I could see him doing well in the Championship tbh. He would be useful with his strength, athleticism and speed. He's on a free too, so could be a useful addition even if it was just as part of the squad.

Yeah, perhaps. He does get injured a lot.

Was looking at Villa's team, and it looks like a really good squad for the Championship. They also have a guaranteed scorer for that division in Gestede.

We really need to get the recruitment right this summer.

As a player he was always solid, nothing more, really. He'd probably do a job as a squad player in the Championship. The move would be more about building a stronger dressing room than having an impact on the pitch. In that respect, it'd be a decent move.

He'd be a great veteran addition to what's supposedly going to be a young defense.

Going to this:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/alvaro-arbeloa-of-real-madrid-lifts-the-champions-league-trophy-the-picture-id493950137

from this:

CkB8E9WWkAAbn2X.jpg

Who'd you rather learn from? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Aye with PL money to help fund that too. I agree with this.

Definitely. :thup:

People seem to really rate Bamford and I dont know why.

Agree with you on this. He was poor at both Palace and Norwich so I have my doubts that he is premier league standard.

He's proven he can do it in the championship though so a 1 year loan deal wouldn't be the worst business.

Its hard to rate a player if he has been touched by Pards recently tbf.

All these names being dropped, no one giving Adam Armstrong a shout. I would like to see him breakthrough properly like Andy Carroll did down there.

I think the lad will get a chance next year, but there's no way Rafa will let us go in to next season with an unproven striker at Championship level. I know he's smashed it in League One and should step up, but it would be silly to put that pressure on him and risk the goals we need for promotion.

I dont get it.

We are happy to spend bajillions on no name french flops, but there is a young english striker ripping up League one in a mediocre+ team. If he wasnt ours we would be drooling over the prospect.