Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barkley seems to really struggle playing off the striker. Doesn't seem to have a sharp enough or quick enough mind for it.

Has he ever been tried on the left? Taking on defenders and looking to cut in and shoot when the opportunity arises, might be a better role for him. Love his talent still. Think they need to try him in some different areas. Seems a sound guy, and his struggles don't seem to be down to a bad attitude or anything. Hope it works out for him.

He played on the left when Martinez just took over and wasnt amazing, I do agree he seems to struggle playing of the front man though

Lots of talent in the lad but he just doesn't show it consistently

Yes like Ben arfa was overweight. Ben arfa was also far more talented than Barkley and his lax attitude to training was what annoyed his team mates which led to him leaving here. Barkley is a half decent player in the scheme of things but he is certainly overweight and for people's "dream" to be for us to sign him is silly

It was one guy's dream, not "people". Also, we have the Rafa factor here to take into consideration. The prospect of a player of Barkley's undoubted talent under Rafa is not the same as Barkley coming to play SMC for example.

"The last few days must have been torturous for England midfielder Ross Barkley.

Branded ‘overweight, lethargic and apprehensive’ by Terry Butcher after Friday’s win over Australia, the Everton man would have spent an anxious weekend wondering if his place in the squad for this summer’s European Championship is indeed in Jeopardy."

Not like I'm the only one saying it or it's a ridiculous comment. It's been said a lot and he looks overweight whenever I see him.

Ah fuck this I'm off. Find a board with people who are living in the real world and actually go to games and are passionate about NUFC. Also for the record I have had numerous messages last night and today saying basically the same

:lol:

Ah fuck this I'm off. Find a board with people who are living in the real world and actually go to games and are passionate about NUFC. Also for the record I have had numerous messages last night and today saying basically the same

Shame.

Guest firetotheworks

Literally every single person who 'tells it like it is' or ends anything in 'fact' 'end of' etc is a complete fucking moron, like.