Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odd carreer Agger had, bad injuries or just fell out of love with the game? He went back to his home club when he was easily good enough for at least a top 8 kind of club.

Injuries have haunted him badly throughout his career. The project he returned to at Brøndby failed and injuries kept coming.

He is a family man and his kid(s) are starting school. He could have played 1-2 years more (not England) in Southern Europe...but he chose his family and  health.

He have only represented Brøndby and Liverpool and he hails Rafa and Morten Olsen as his mentors! He is among the finest we ever had in Denmark!

Guest chopey

When Rafa says we are making good progress, you know we are making good progress. None of that Pardew, over the line, bullshit.

We tried but we just couldnt get the new gym equipment over the line.

Rafa Benitez says Newcastle United are "making very good progress" in the transfer market - and has cast the net far and wide to ensure that his squad is well-prepared to bounce back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Since agreeing a new deal to stay on as the Club's manager last month, Benitez has made sure that no time is wasted ahead of the 2016/17 Championship campaign. And although he has yet to make his first signing of the summer, he has indicated that it's only a matter of time.

Long-serving defender Steven Taylor was among those to leave St. James' Park when Benitez announced his retained list last week, while full-back Kevin Mbabu was handed a new deal.

But Benitez is working with managing director Lee Charnley and head scout Graham Carr to bring in some new faces and, in an interview with the Chronicle, he admitted that he was looking at home and abroad.

"I don't care where a player is from, just that he is the right player for Newcastle United and for the squad that we want to build," Benitez said.

"I have good connections abroad and I am using those connections and working with Lee and with Graham. It is a good partnership and (as) I said before we are making very good progress.

"We have to think about the type of player who is best for the Championship, because everybody knows it is a very different league, more physical and it is tougher in different ways than the Premier League.

"But also we cannot just focus on building a strong squad for the Championship, because we hope we will only be there for one season; we have to build a squad that we are confident can help us out of the Championship and then can perform also strongly in the Premier League.

"Having experience of playing in the Championship can be important, but it is important to have a mix of players who can each bring different qualities to the team.

"Mentality, experience, skill, determination, how everyone works together for the team, all these things are important.

"I think I don't need to talk about specific positions. Our fans are very knowledgeable; they will know which positions we need to strengthen, just like we know.

"We are working to strengthen positions in which we are weak, of course. We have our priorities, we have our targets and we are making very good progress behind the doors."

Rafa Benitez says Newcastle United are "making very good progress" in the transfer market - and has cast the net far and wide to ensure that his squad is well-prepared to bounce back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Since agreeing a new deal to stay on as the Club's manager last month, Benitez has made sure that no time is wasted ahead of the 2016/17 Championship campaign. And although he has yet to make his first signing of the summer, he has indicated that it's only a matter of time.

Long-serving defender Steven Taylor was among those to leave St. James' Park when Benitez announced his retained list last week, while full-back Kevin Mbabu was handed a new deal.

But Benitez is working with managing director Lee Charnley and head scout Graham Carr to bring in some new faces and, in an interview with the Chronicle, he admitted that he was looking at home and abroad.

"I don't care where a player is from, just that he is the right player for Newcastle United and for the squad that we want to build," Benitez said.

"I have good connections abroad and I am using those connections and working with Lee and with Graham. It is a good partnership and (as) I said before we are making very good progress.

"We have to think about the type of player who is best for the Championship, because everybody knows it is a very different league, more physical and it is tougher in different ways than the Premier League.

"But also we cannot just focus on building a strong squad for the Championship, because we hope we will only be there for one season; we have to build a squad that we are confident can help us out of the Championship and then can perform also strongly in the Premier League.

"Having experience of playing in the Championship can be important, but it is important to have a mix of players who can each bring different qualities to the team.

"Mentality, experience, skill, determination, how everyone works together for the team, all these things are important.

"I think I don't need to talk about specific positions. Our fans are very knowledgeable; they will know which positions we need to strengthen, just like we know.

"We are working to strengthen positions in which we are weak, of course. We have our priorities, we have our targets and we are making very good progress behind the doors."

Got to love Rafa - he just gets it.

Guest firetotheworks

I love that he can say that and we can be confident that they match, whereas with McClaren or Pardew reading something like that would remain a guessing game.

The reasons that is key as well is because if he comes out and says we are desperate for a striker then clubs will ask for more money straight away.

Whole thing smacks of intelligence and professionalism, which we haven't in god knows how long.

The reasons that is key as well is because if he comes out and says we are desperate for a striker then clubs will ask for more money straight away.

Whole thing smacks of intelligence and professionalism, which we haven't in god knows how long.

i cant remember the last time we were open about our transfer business, regardless of which nob was manager.

Why is "as" in brackets? Did he forget to say it? random brackets appear sometimes and I'm not sure why.