Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suppose it looks only to be a loan, but how many players are we allowed to loan in per season?

With Atsu already, and Barrow, would we still be able to loan Townsend if a deal became possible?

Maybe a Townsend deal is being shelved till the summer?  :undecided:

According to the following article from last season, there's no limit to how many players a club can loan but only 5 can be in a match day squad.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-how-many-loan-10461342

Signing Barrow wouldn't exactly quell the slight doubts about promotion. Reckon we'd need a centre midfielder as well. I'd be happy with Townsend or Montero on their own, but with Barrow we'd need someone else imo.

Why would anyone have doubts about promotion? there's no way we don't get promoted, the only concern is Brighton finishing in 1st.

I agree, but we're only a couple of injuries away from going from promotion dead certs to finishing in the play-offs.

Signing Barrow wouldn't exactly quell the slight doubts about promotion. Reckon we'd need a centre midfielder as well. I'd be happy with Townsend or Montero on their own, but with Barrow we'd need someone else imo.

Why would anyone have doubts about promotion? there's no way we don't get promoted, the only concern is Brighton finishing in 1st.

I agree, but we're only a couple of injuries away from going from promotion dead certs to finishing in the play-offs.

You mean like an injury to our top goalscorer, backup striker, and our main RB, as well as our best CAM and LW being on international duty? O0

Caulkin has tweeted again that he's pretty certain Townsend deal is off, also says we are currently negotiating with a PL centre mid - loan to purchase deal.  Says it is someone we've been linked with recently.

Caulkin has tweeted again that he's pretty certain Townsend deal is off, also says we are currently negotiating with a PL centre mid - loan to purchase deal.  Says it is someone we've been linked with recently.

The Everton fella maybe?