Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After years of reading pointless rumours I have learnt to not believe anything Portuguese papers say.

They are usually full of bullshit.

You say this about almost all the foreign papers man :lol: (not that you're entirely wrong).

After years of reading pointless rumours I have learnt to not believe anything Portuguese papers say.

They are usually full of bullshit.

You say this about almost all the foreign papers man :lol: (not that you're entirely wrong).

Nah I don't make wide sweeping opinions about the nation as a whole :lol:

Just in my experience they are woefully unreliable, probably due to agents mind.

I just want us to sign one of these ridiculous African midfield destroyer types with 3 lungs. The rest is secondary.

Haven't had that role suitably filled since dear Amdy departed.

:tiote:

Came in here to post that SBS link. Mooy's agent have been talking with SBS all year, and the Australian press is desperate for him to be starting for a Premier League team.

I love the idea of signing Aussies, but I don't think he's an upgrade on Shelvey, or at least, not sufficiently good enough to be spunking cask on before filling all the other glaring gaps first.

I was surprised by Mooy last season like, he looks excellent on the ball and in theory should easily move up to the Premiership. He's better defensively than Shelvey is but I'm not sure the 2 of them in midfield would work, both want to be on the ball all the time and dictate play.

I want a creative midfielder rather than a destroyer tbh, creating chances is a bigger issue than protection for the back 4.

Outside of Shelvey we literally have nobody and there's no guarantees he'd be a sure fire success in the PL anyway.

A quality CM and AM would change so much.

I disagree like, with Shelvey and a proper attacking midfielder I think we definitely need someone who can do the dog work in the middle. To create chances we need the ball.

EDIT: Obviously they should be able to play football too like, buying a Tiote type is utterly pointless as we've seen.

The players we're being linked with (which obviously should be taken with a huge pinch of salt) are slightly underwhelming to be honest. I'm hoping Rafa has some top level players in his sights, players who have proven they can perform in the top European leagues.

I disagree like, with Shelvey and a proper attacking midfielder I think we definitely need someone who can do the dog work in the middle. To create chances we need the ball.

I don't disagree completely, I'm just not comfortable with Shelvey being the only midfielder we have who can pass the ball at a high level.

At least we have players who can protect the back 4, even if it's not what people may want.

As far as CMs go who can pass, it's Shelvey or nobody.

I read the posts wrong tbh, I agree we don't necessarily need a player to protect the back 4 like, more someone who is going to win the ball in midfield and prevent us from being bullied. Mooy isn't really that (not that you said he is).

Essentially a better (or more experienced) Isaac Hayden.

Guest reefatoon

The players we're being linked with (which obviously should be taken with a huge pinch of salt) are slightly underwhelming to be honest. I'm hoping Rafa has some top level players in his sights, players who have proven they can perform in the top European leagues.

I don't think it is underwhelming at all. I think we will see us signing players at a decent price who can help us establish ourselves back in the PL. I think it will be next summer when we see the bigger type names/players coming in. Finding it really interesting on seeing who Rafa will bring in this season to help us establish ourselves. We won't be diving straight in with trophy signings.