Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If it's Ritchie for the workshy fop that is Thauvin that would be brilliant. More likely Townsend though.

You never know we actually sign a replacement for both if they leave. Its a distinct possibility.

Is Ritchie any good then?

He's one of those players who looks pretty ordinary individually, but from what I saw in our games against them is that he works like a trojan, covers loads of ground and looks like he's got end product. Definitely looked a key player for Bournemouth. I don't know if there's any truth to the link with him, but he would definitely be a Rafa type of player.

Hope Ritchie comes off purely for this thread: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/matt-ritchie.1245021/

I notice the thread goes from "they think they have a chance of signing him, he's far too good for them" then when it looks like we might actually get him -  "Is he any good anyway? Average at best" ;D

It's the 3 stages of Mackem envy - doubt, acceptance, criticism. They're as predictable as my morning s***

If we manage to get Ritchie.  I think it's nailed on that we'll lose Townsend.  Doesn't Rafa like his inverted wingers?  Townsend has played exclusively on the right side, the same as Ritchie has for Bournemouth. 

If we got him in and Townsend stayed, though  :drool:

If we manage to get Ritchie.  I think it's nailed on that we'll lose Townsend.  Doesn't Rafa like his inverted wingers?  Townsend has played exclusively on the right side, the same as Ritchie has for Bournemouth. 

If we got him in and Townsend stayed, though  :drool:

It would cushion the blow of losing Townsend, but I don't think he's as quick. Excellent player apart from that though, he'll be perfect for the championship.

I always thought of Richie as more of playmaker and general attacking midfielder... nee idea if I'm right though.

I agree.  I'm sure I've seen him at Swindon once or twice when they were on Sky, as well.  He plays out wide, but he's certainly not a winger, like Townsend. 

I'm kind of surprised Bournemouth would consider selling him to us though. Are they looking to upgrade? Seems a strange move to sell one of your better players to a team in the championship.

Just looking at some clips of Ritchie on Ytube. To me, he'd be like what Xabi Alonso was to Rafa at Liverpool. Covers a lot of the pitch, has the technical abilities and someone who can either provide chances or finish off moves. Certainly has an end product.

A few of their fans on their forums seems to suggest that Ritchie was annoyed they brought in Iturbe in January who plays in the exact same position so now his agent wants to get him a move elsewhere (despite Iturbe not playing much at all)

Just looking at some clips of Ritchie on Ytube. To me, he'd be like what Xabi Alonso was to Rafa at Liverpool. Covers a lot of the pitch, has the technical abilities and someone who can either provide chances or finish off moves. Certainly has an end product.

This is one of the weirdest comparisons I've seen for a long time.

:dowiespin:

Yes he is, and he scores some fecking thunder b******s from a million yards out.

Yards !!! hahaha f*** you EU and your metres.

Didn't know that was allowed :lol: Seriously when you watch our lot you'd think shooting from distance was banned.

Yes he is, and he scores some fecking thunder b******s from a million yards out.

Yards !!! hahaha f*** you EU and your metres.

Didn't know that was allowed :lol: Seriously when you watch our lot you'd think shooting from distance was banned.

Apart from Townsend, who's probably off.  You're right.  We don't really have anyone capable of hitting the target, from outside the box. 

Assuming after Sels, Gayle & Richie it'll mostly be free transfers or loans but I'm fine with that. Still think we'll raise a good £70-80m from Janmaat, Sissoko, Townsend, Wijnaldum, Tiote, Cisse, Krul, Perez & Thauvin.

Superb start to business :thup: