Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like the idea of our strikers being Gayle, Ayoze, Mitro and Armstrong.

25, 22, 21 and 19 so all got plenty years ahead of them as well, year in the Championship could do wonders for them.

Aye, the fee does seem a tad high. I think £6-7m is probably a bit more reasonable.

They paid £6m for him and his premier league record is 15 goals in 27 starts!

Aye but fuckface prefers a big hoofer up top who scores fuck all. The genius that he is.

Good for us for Gayle though.

Townsend is going to Palace if we are getting Dwight Gayle.

Also genuinely dont see much difference in Armstrong & Gayle other than one has just come off pretty much a full season and banged in 20 goals at the same time.

Gayle hardly played half and scored 3.

Armstrong also younger local, so he will want to do well.

Don't get the deal for Gayle if true.

Understand the doubters but his goal record is decent judging by this. Considering were a championship club and the other rumoured targets are McCormack and Bamford then i'd be more than happy to see Gayle come in.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160628/a2c6472f8bf83eb2ae5761b106f70365.jpg

Understand the doubters but his goal record is decent judging by this. Considering were a championship club and the other rumoured targets are McCormack and Bamford then i'd be more than happy to see Gayle come in.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160628/a2c6472f8bf83eb2ae5761b106f70365.jpg

Recently, 15 in 64 isn't amazing. But he would probably find the net more in the lower league

Like the idea of our strikers being Gayle, Ayoze, Mitro and Armstrong.

25, 22, 21 and 19 so all got plenty years ahead of them as well, year in the Championship could do wonders for them.

:thup: Good mix of attributes there as well. Happy with this signing if we can pull it off, don't really care about the fee as we'll be selling a few on for decent money who don't want to be here.

I'm really not arsed about the rumoured transfer fee.  £10 million seems to be the standard figure bandied about with a lot of players these days, McCormack is valued at £12 million +, Rhodes went for £9-10 million.  A striker who can score goals is invaluable.

Also genuinely dont see much difference in Armstrong & Gayle other than one has just come off pretty much a full season and banged in 20 goals at the same time.

Don't get this whole love in with Armstrong the lad looked so far out of his depth when in the premier league he came on or started. yes he's scored goals at Coventry but that may be his level he's shown nothing to say he's got it at a much higher level and the fact he's local is a piss poor argument Taylor Colback and Ameobi were local look at how shit these are. who gives a fuck if they are local or not they are paid to put the ball in the net

the people saying Dwight Gayle is a dodgy deal need to give their head a shake we are a championship club now and he's looked sharp quick and an eye for goal in the premier league whenever I've seen him something our strikers have never shown

he'd instantly be our best striker by a complete mile

Don't get this whole love in with Armstrong the lad looked so far out of his depth when in the premier league he came on or started. yes he's scored goals at Coventry but that may be his level he's shown nothing to say he's got it at a much higher level and the fact he's local is a piss poor argument Taylor Colback and Ameobi were local look at how shit these are. who gives a fuck if they are local or not they are paid to put the ball in the net

the people saying Dwight Gayle is a dodgy deal need to give their head a shake we are a championship club now and he's looked sharp quick and an eye for goal in the premier league whenever I've seen him something our strikers have never shown

he'd instantly be our best striker by a complete mile

I'm still backing our Serbian full international.

Not sure why people are so convinced that he'd score goals in the championship when the same people are also convinced that Perez and Mitrovic are not good enough.

Especially when their PL goal records are practically the same, i'm not against signing him at all but not convinced that it's so certain he'll be any more of a success than what we already have.

Really happy with this. He will score goals. Palace have had managers that can't look past his height and so won't stick with him up front. Still usually scores when he does get long enough out on the pitch As a first option he will score goals.

Reminds me a lot of Defoe in his style of play. Ironically Defoe got messed about by Allardyce initially because he insisted on a big lump up top. When he eventually relented because none of those types were scoring, look what happened.

Both he and Defoe actually do a good enough job of keeping the ball if it is played into their feet, but if you are launching long balls at their head, then yeah it won't stick.

This will be a really good signing IMO.

Not sure why people are so convinced that he'd score goals in the championship when the same people are also convinced that Perez and Mitrovic are not good enough.

Especially when their PL goal records are practically the same, i'm not against signing him at all but not convinced that it's so certain he'll be any more of a success than what we already have.

Well he did get 13 goals in 29 with Peterbrough in the Championship at in the 2012/13 season, so he's scored goals in that league already.