Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All time low if we can't convince a player to leave Bournemouth to come to Newcastle. Don't care if they're in the Premier League.

Doesn't work like that anymore. Stature of club is way down the list, behind money and trophies and how close to London your training ground is.

Thankfully we have a manager who, I'd imagine, is quite persuasive.

All time low if we can't convince a player to leave Bournemouth to come to Newcastle. Don't care if they're in the Premier League.

Doesn't work like that anymore. Stature of club is way down the list, behind money and trophies and how close to London your training ground is.

Agree, it's reputation based. Obviously salary based, but even the likes of ManUtd with Jose will struggle to attract the gourmet signings if they are not in the elite leagues/comps.

We should go after Jeffrey Hendrick

We should definitely go after him, miles better than any of our midfielders.

Would think his price has shot up after his performances. Would have been an unknown name for many before. He'll have plenty of options.

Well we haven't won trophies in a while and we're not very close to London, yet we got an elite manager to join us and then stay with us in Championship. I don't think stature of the club (and ours is huge) is down on the list at all as long as it's pitched right. I'm not pointing the finger here but to many of our fans think far to small since Ashley got here.

Despite being a largely comical club we have impressive pulling power, and I wouldn't expect that to end trying to tempt a player to join us from the smallest club in the Premier League.

We should go after Jeffrey Hendrick

We should definitely go after him, miles better than any of our midfielders.

Absolutely bang average player.

Bang shit post

QUESTION,

How do we protect ourselves from buying players from the EU without losing a transfer fee if they need a work permit and haven't reached the minimum standards following leaving EU which could be in 2 yrs ???

QUESTION,

How do we protect ourselves from buying players from the EU without losing a transfer fee if they need a work permit and haven't reached the minimum standards following leaving EU which could be in 2 yrs ???

1. We can't.

2. Gamble on the immigration laws being changed due to pressure from the Premier League and Sky.

3. Gamble on free movement not being altered at all (most likely outcome).

Guest antz1uk

QUESTION,

It will probably go to a work permit system, pretty much the same as the one for non-eu players

QUESTION,

It will probably go to a work permit system, pretty much the same as the one for non-eu players

which the fa were planning to get stricter on iirc so they'll love the idea of getting rid of most of the non british players. But probably the premier league will force them to lighten up the rules or decide to ignore the fa entirely

Well we haven't won trophies in a while and we're not very close to London, yet we got an elite manager to join us and then stay with us in Championship. I don't think stature of the club (and ours is huge) is down on the list at all as long as it's pitched right. I'm not pointing the finger here but to many of our fans think far to small since Ashley got here.

Despite being a largely comical club we have impressive pulling power, and I wouldn't expect that to end trying to tempt a player to join us from the smallest club in the Premier League.

Well said! How many other clubs do people genuinely think could get and then keep a manager like Benitez in the championship?

QUESTION,

Don't complete the transfer until the player has a work permit.  Also the government hasn't declared that EU players will require work permits even after we leave the EU yet (at the end of the day its their decision, nowt to do with the EU).  Plus we haven't even left yet.

Rich football clubs will be allowed to sign footballers. In pretty much any country in the world if you get given a job offer for what they get then you gain entry to the country, even if you have a sketchy background.

From a Chelsea fan on another forum-

You're after a handful of Chelsea youngsters, some permanent, some loan interest. No real idea on how likely any of them are but there's genuine interest there/contact made at the very least. Lewis Baker was one of them, he opted to go back to Vitesse for a second season instead though.