Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://whatculture.com/sport/newcastle-united-transfers-8-players-benitez-must-sign-this-summer?page=9

Whoever wrote this understands our squad and what we need. Would be delighted to pick-up all eight of these (actually, even 4 would ring my 'well-chuffed bell'.)

Chicharito :lol:

He's being linked with West Ham and LA Galaxy. If we were prepared to pay the going rate he'd be a genuine possibility and, as the author says, pretty ideal for us as an option. It's a good article overall, though it's obviously supremely annoying having to wade through 8 different pages.

http://whatculture.com/sport/newcastle-united-transfers-8-players-benitez-must-sign-this-summer?page=9

Whoever wrote this understands our squad and what we need. Would be delighted to pick-up all eight of these (actually, even 4 would ring my 'well-chuffed bell'.)

Aye, i'd be happy with all of them.  None of them seem out of our reach either, apart from Hernandez' wages maybe, and would come in within our £70m (lol) budget.

Not sure that's the correct apostrophe use when indicating possession for a name ending in 'z'.  Hernandez's looked a bit silly.

Today's Chronic. Presumed Gouffran had buggered off. Seems not:

United are monitoring a host of players including Adama Traore and Everton’s James McCarthy – while they are also keeping tabs on Willian Jose of Real Sociedad, who has been linked with Barcelona during this transfer window.

Jose, who was also being tracked by Everton, would require a record transfer fee to take him from Spain – just as would be the case if they were to take McCarthy from Everton or Cedric Bakambu from Villareal. Both are being valued at £20million by their clubs.

There is money to spend this summer but United are having to box clever and the fact that they need to shift players is no secret.

READ MORE

Newcastle United believed to be interested in Middlesbrough's Adama Traoré

Boro are pushing hard to sign Karl Darlow in a move that would start the dominoes falling for another goalkeeper to come in – with Benitez keen on Pepe Reina and also Real Madrid stopper Kiko Casillas. There is Championship interest in Grant Hanley and Daryl Murphy.

United are also hopeful of hearing a decision from Yoan Gouffran by the time of the Hearts game. He is angling for improved terms on the one-year extension offered at the end of the season.

If Gouffran stays it's a sure sign that we're not going to be bringing in that many new players. If he stays and starts more than say 5 games then we'll be heading back down.

we've offered him a contract, whether he chooses to accept it is neither here nor there to the rest of your statement we'll not be signing many players if you're correct

I think it's safe to assume no-one in the press has any idea who we're looking at right now given the sheer quantity of names being thrown out.

It's getting to the point where I think for my sanity I'll just occasionally check nufc.co.uk and see if we've signed anyone.

If you didn't know any better, you could be forgiven for thinking we're preparing for the Championship. The club needs to stop making excuses and get their arses in gear. We're playing Premier League teams in a few weeks.

christ almighty  :lol:

go on?

you've presumably just read a story confirming the difficulties we know we face in the market this summer then followed it up with a just get on with it post

right out of the 'just leave now' brexit playbook - STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND LEAVE!!

What on earth are you talking about?

Guest firetotheworks

Montero and Traore aren't good enough like. I really hope we're in for neither.