Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saw him scare the s**** out of Man City. From memory it was more that there was very little support/options in the box (not least as nobody is going to keep up with him, even with the ball at his feet) for him to find rather than poor delivery which limited his impact.

His delivery has always been erratic, but if used well Navas can be really effective.

Also, how is 1.5m a problem in this day and age? Even assuming AS is reporting after tax wages (as is the Spanish custom), that's like 50k a week?

His delivery has always been erratic, but if used well Navas can be really effective.

Also, how is 1.5m a problem in this day and age? Even assuming AS is reporting after tax wages (as is the Spanish custom), that's like 50k a week?

We can't have been put off that much by his wages, otherwise we wouldn't still be talking to him.

If Rafa has had a word, hopefully we can get it done.

Would be a class signing for no fee.

Take some pressure off Richie on the other side.

They and Atsu are all better on the same side

I think most wingers can swap wings pretty easily, without impeaching their game. Put it this way, all three are a vast upgrade on Gouffran on the left and are capable in that position.

Guest neesy111

Whilst I wasn't his biggest fan when he was at Man City, Navas would be a superb signing on a free for a newly promoted club like us (which I think people forget we are, at times).

Agree with this.

Whilst I wasn't his biggest fan when he was at Man City, Navas would be a superb signing on a free for a newly promoted club like us (which I think people forget we are, at times).

Agree with this.

:thup: He's frustrating as fuck to watch in the City side but would improve us.

I think most wingers can swap wings pretty easily, without impeaching their game.

That's not true. The dynamics of the position change a lot when you're on your wrong foot.

Navas in particular was terrible on the left for Sevilla.

I think most wingers can swap wings pretty easily, without impeaching their game.

That's not true. The dynamics of the position change a lot when you're on your wrong foot.

Navas in particular was terrible on the left for Sevilla.

In fairness, you will know alot more about Navas at Sevilla than I.

I can understand players like Beckham struggling, whos game was very much crossing based. Players who dribble and try to move past people should be able to adapt.

A bit concerning if we end up too heavy on right sided players.

Guest firetotheworks

I could see people getting on Navas's back because even in highlights for another team he's frustrating. I definitely think he has his uses though, and I'd back Rafa to get the most out of him. On a free it's a no-brainer, he'd immediately improve the squad.

Why would those demands hold the deal up?  Its peanuts, Colback is probably on more than that.

Holding up the move to Sevilla according to earlier report.