Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He'd agreed to sign for us all agreed we p*ssed about didn't get it sorted straight away and Swansea offered additional sweeteners in the meantime. Would have been irrelevant if we'd just got it done at the time. Bullet dodged hopefully.

Dont get why they'd start pissing him about.. we are back in the PL just need to build a squad.

Think that Murphy kid would be a good signing.

Me too, but he's Norwich's best player and has 4 years left on his deal. 8.5 million seems fancifully cheap in this market.

Norwich are letting most of their squad go. Apparently they have no money and need to get rid of players, they banked on coming straight back up.

Guest chopey

Could do with an ITK thread so people like me who love reading them can read them without the "I call bullshit" comments

Me too, but he's Norwich's best player and has 4 years left on his deal. 8.5 million seems fancifully cheap in this market.

Release clause maybe ?

Could do with an ITK thread so people like me who love reading them can read them without the "I call bullshit" comments

Braindead Twitter thread is most appropriate really, but this thread always ends up being the one for generic transfer discussion.

He'd agreed to sign for us all agreed we p*ssed about didn't get it sorted straight away and Swansea offered additional sweeteners in the meantime. Would have been irrelevant if we'd just got it done at the time. Bullet dodged hopefully.

Dont get why they'd start pissing him about.. we are back in the PL just need to build a squad.

Not him necessarily, the deal in general. It was done bar the signatures. We delayed and Swansea went in and offered better terms.

Guest firetotheworks

Just utterly bizarre that some people actively default to a decision of "must be bullshit" re: rumours that Mike Ashley and his cronies are messing a manager around.

I don't mind people being naive about it, it's the piss taking of anyone who isn't that's absolutely crackers. It's like we haven't had 10 years of it.

Guest ElCid

Just utterly bizarre that some people actively default to a decision of "must be bullshit" re: rumours that Mike Ashley and his cronies are messing a manager around.

I don't mind people being naive about it, it's the p*ss taking of anyone who isn't that's absolutely crackers. It's like we haven't had 10 years of it.

And many more to come as Ashley won't change and Charnley shouldn't be a million miles near the position he is in but Ashley's ownership tells you why he is.

if shopping around the £10m mark then i think i'd prefer to see us take a few punts like this, sign some kids and hope the come good

Bournemouth do it, up until they spent out on Ake. Burnley to some degree. We can build a good squad shopping sensibly, we seem obsessed with breaking our transfer record, i don't care about that as long as we buy good players to build on.

The worry is, we don't seem to want to land the 6 to 7 £10m players, through dicking about and being tight.

I'll repost my original thoughts from 8 days ago then...

These embarrassing "I know x, who told me y" ITK stories are f***ing grim and reminiscent to RTG.

If you're going to post s*** like that, f*** off and do it on Twitter with all the other morons.

I'll post what I want thanks very much, you don't have to believe it of course.

Guest ElCid

if shopping around the £10m mark then i think i'd prefer to see us take a few punts like this, sign some kids and hope the come good

The same philosophy has seen us relegated twice we need proven quality but that costs money so we play chanceville on the hope that one or two will make a good profit but that the majority don't come up to the mark until we eventually are relegated again. Rinse and repeat as that's the way the club operates and always will until the fat cunt eventually fucks off.

These embarrassing "I know x, who told me y" ITK stories are f***ing grim and reminiscent to RTG.

If you're going to post s*** like that, f*** off and do it on Twitter with all the other morons.

The only embarrassing ones are those, like yourself, that can't abide that someone might hear some snippets from someone but, of course, is unwilling to divulge their source.

Jealousy most likely.

The same philosophy has seen us relegated twice we need proven quality but that costs money so we play chanceville on the hope that one or two will make a good profit but that the majority don't come up to the mark until we eventually are relegated again. Rinse and repeat as that's the way the club operates and always will until the fat cunt eventually fucks off.

True but this time the players would be Rafa buys and not Carr's. But you're right, nothing will fill us with any confidence until the fat tit goes.

Guest neesy111

The only embarrassing ones are those, like yourself, that can't abide that someone might hear some snippets from someone but, of course, is unwilling to divulge their source.

Jealousy most likely.

:clap: :clap:

Mentioned this lad weeks ago.Got the feeling nobody really rated him on here. He did superb in his championship spell off the back of a equally impressive loan at Coventry (whith Adam Armstrong)

Although he returned to his parent club and had a superb season.  And then continued to carry the form into the recent u21s tournament. You cant argue he's not been consistent or progressed over 2 seasons. Would be a great purchase.

Im sure if it is genuine legit bid/interest then many will get on board instead of thinking hes turd.

True but this time the players would be Rafa buys and not Carr's. But you're right, nothing will fill us with any confidence until the fat tit goes.

we would never have been relegated if we didn't hire shite managers in the first place

Jealousy most likely.

Agreed.

we would never have been relegated if we didn't hire shite managers in the first place

Very true.

Jealousy most likely.

:lol:

Even if any of these stories are even remotely true, why would I be jealous? What a pathetic thing to say like. Oh aye, I'm sat at home totally cut up on the thought that someone may know something NUFC related that I don't.

Anyone can sit here and make up stories and eventually someone, somewhere will get it right. It's a matter of probability.

Most of the "ITK" stories on here are just regurgitated media reports that are already out there, it's hardly difficult to make it up and add in a few extras.

People sit here mocking RTG, when at times, this place is on par with this sort of thing.