Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone seen Rolan play?  I got the impression he wasn't an out and out striker but played as a support striker or as a wide forward/right winger, so I don't think his goal record is that important.

Has anyone seen Rolan play?  I got the impression he wasn't an out and out striker but played as a support striker or as a wide forward/right winger, so I don't think his goal record is that important.

His goals from last season on YouTube all look like he's playing as the most advanced central striker.

He's a generic forward from what little I've seen (2 games last season). Not tricky enough for wide, not good enough for #9.

On the flipside having a 'They see me Rolán' song would probably be worth it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Manquillo

"On 27 July 2015, Manquillo joined Olympique de Marseille on a season-long loan with an option to buy.[22] On 25 August of the following year, still owned by Atlético, he signed with English club Sunderland also for one season.[23][24] On 18th July 2017 He decided that Sunderland AFC were such a poor team last year and he couldn't get in their team even though he is such a fantastic player, he wanted to try and sign for the mighty Newcastle United/Barcelona of England, the best team in England by far, Javier said the local geordie horse punching culture really sounds exciting and he wants to sample it for himself."

Guest taps01

I wouldn't read anything into what Sunderland fans say about him. He will be playing for a far better manager and in a team which is far better drilled defensively. Put one of the best defenders in the world in that rancid team last season and I bet they would look shaky at times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Manquillo

"On 27 July 2015, Manquillo joined Olympique de Marseille on a season-long loan with an option to buy.[22] On 25 August of the following year, still owned by Atlético, he signed with English club Sunderland also for one season.[23][24] On 18th July 2017 He decided that Sunderland AFC were such a poor team last year and he couldn't get in their team even though he is such a fantastic player, he wanted to try and sign for the mighty Newcastle United/Barcelona of England, the best team in England by far, Javier said the local geordie horse punching culture really sounds exciting and he wants to sample it for himself."

Can taste the tears through the screen.

Villa fans deemed Clark s**** before he signed for us. Turned out a very good signing last season. Happy to reserve judgment on any player Rafa brings in

In The Championship to be fair. Let's see how he steps up to being back in the Premier League.

I would have Yedlin as one of the first names on the teamsheet for next season TBH, interesting if Manquillo would come just to compete.

Of course he would, he played for Sunderland. Not like he's some hyped up player with some amazing reputation.

Villa fans deemed Clark s**** before he signed for us. Turned out a very good signing last season. Happy to reserve judgment on any player Rafa brings in

In The Championship to be fair. Let's see how he steps up to being back in the Premier League.

I always thought Clarke was good when I saw him for Villa, he has all the tools. Similar to Jenkinson when he was at Arsenal, saw him play a few decent games and the fans were slating him.

Makes you think, maybe Colback is class after all.

Rolan and Manquillo signing would be a big vote of confidence for both Gayle and Yedlin as guaranteed first teamers IMO. As I'd see those two as young backups that Rafa could further develop, though they have had decent experience. Both did really well as under 21 international players too, and so have some pedigree.