Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

You can gauge a story's credibility by the fee that's reported. Anything over about £6m and I automatically call bullshit.

Probably a crock of Colback:

never heard of him till last week so I googled a bit and, I know it's just a random site and probably a load of rubbish but this place has our possible new no.10's strengths as blocking the ball, weaknesses passing and finishing.  https://www.whoscored.com/Players/106413/Show/Dennis-Praet

With the way we do things I'd be inclined to believe it.

Praet was a poor performer for Sampdoria last season considering the money spent. I think there is a reasonable chance they'll take getting their money back so there is probably something in it.

He can be our De Roon for our Middlesbrough 16/17 tribute act we are putting together.

Guest reefatoon

What kind of arsehole club goes from watching to monitoring to bidding in the same day? These things take weeks man.

Guest reefatoon

And his airfare over. Can't expect Mike to fork out for that too. He isn't one of those rich multi billionaire's you know.

Talk of 18/19m (presumably Euro's). ...... Next

Exclusive: Praet, for now Samp resists. Newcastle will raise the offer

Praet-Newcastle : For now Samp resists, because at this time Marco Giampaolo needs reinforcements. And another sale would only exacerbate the nervousness of the last few hours. But the English club's expedition to Marassi yesterday had positive effects: Praet liked it and could not be otherwise, the will is to raise the offer to 18-19 million.

Was reading up on his situation yesterday. Apparently he is upset at not playing in the number 10 position, which is what he was initially brought in to play. They play in a diamond, but he has since been put into one of the side midfield positions, which he does not feel he is well suited to. This was the case from around the middle of last season.

That latest article says he liked our offer and so maybe we will pay what they ask, as it does not appear to be much more than we supposedly bid. Perhaps similar to what happened with Murphy. He is only 23 years old and had a big reputation at Anderlecht.

Would not be surprised if we pay the fee, as his age scrams resale value. With our transfers I am convinced this is a key sticking point all the time. If they are young and have potential resale fat Mike will allow it to go through.

I object to the concept of a Belgian #10. All #10s should be either Latin-American or from the Balkans.

IMO a number 10 should be the little guy running in behind the number 9.

Then again, I'm not up to date with this continental "keeping the ball" carry on. Far better lumping it up front and hoping for the best. Tally ho!