Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just wondering, but if Ashley is selling up but possibly not in time for January, does that mean we can have a transfer budget that is not wages included?

If PCP want to get anywhere, surely the wage structure will have to go if we cannot compete with other strugglers in the division.

Anyone else find Luiz a bit of a strange player for Rafa to be interested in?

Imagine not wanting to play Mbemba or Mitro because they're too much of a loose cannon but being perfectly fine with David Luiz bombing around.

:lol: There is the small matter of Luiz being loads better than either of them.

Imagine not wanting to play Mbemba or Mitro because they're too much of a loose cannon but being perfectly fine with David Luiz bombing around.

I've never really rated him as a defender but he's definitely improved under Conte. I guess Rafa knows him and trusts him from their time together, which seems to be the main thing with him, and the reason Mbemba and Mitro don't play.

I don't rate him highly and hes clumsy as fuck and prone to go wayward but he is light years ahead of anything we have at CB and hes also commanded over 100m in transfer fees in his career

If theres a chance tog et him in they need to snap it up even if its only for 6 months

He doesn't really bomb forward though, he just brings the ball out with some composure. I don't think he loses the ball much, he'd be great for our football. I'm not sure he's what we need defensively though, might be similar problems to what we have with Lejeune.

Aye but loads is made about Rafa picking players who do what they're told no matter their level. For example, Joselu getting picked ahead of my nana. Obviously she's 10x the player he is but no chance she's doing what she's told on the pich. Too undisciplined.

Aye but loads is made about Rafa picking players who do what they're told no matter their level. For example, Joselu getting picked ahead of my nana. Obviously she's 10x the player he is but no chance she's doing what she's told on the pich. Too undisciplined.

I don't really get the undisciplined argument against Luiz. He brings the ball forward at Chelsea because Conte is happy for him to do it. Would he be so cavalier at Newcastle with a different team and manager?

I don't really get the undisciplined argument against Luiz. He brings the ball forward at Chelsea because Conte is happy for him to do it. Would he be so cavalier at Newcastle with a different team and manager?

To be honest I've not really seen that much of him the past 2 seasons besides 2 or 3 games but he does have that reputation. Wheather he's changed that much or he's just protected more by having a player like Kante there, I don't know.

Personally I'd snap their hand off if he was offered. Just seemed like a strange connection.

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s a top class player, what’s not to like...

If we are to go down the loan route, with a World Cup around the corner, we could get in some decent additions.

Certainly not worth the transfer fees he's built up, but it's sort of irrelevant now with the way the whole market is.

He wouldn't instill confidence in the team which is what we really need, but for ability and as a natural athlete, he's top class.

Marek Hamsik is another we've been linked with in last few days. If he's a defensive midfielder then yes please.

Certainly not worth the transfer fees he's built up, but it's sort of irrelevant now with the way the whole market is.

He wouldn't instill confidence in the team which is what we really need, but for ability and as a natural athlete, he's top class.

Marek Hamsik is another we've been linked with in last few days. If he's a defensive midfielder then yes please.

Creative mid - we have ZERO chance buying him