Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd do a straight swap Shelvey for Hernandez like.

I'd rather be scrapping around for a centre midfielder on loan than a striker.

As grim as this whole farce is.

Beggars can't be choosers, but I really don't like Hernandez and fail to see how he fits into Rafa's system.  That said, our strikers are utter shite and none of them fit, either :lol:

Not that we would get him.  They supposedly want good wedge for him and he's on what, £120k a week? 

Guest firetotheworks

I really don't want to lose any players, but if Rafa wanted Hernandez and West Ham wanted Shelvey plus a fee (yes, I know swaps never happen) then I'd probably go for that through gritted teeth. Massive, massive risk though.

Problem is Hernandez record this season is shite, no better than Gayle's.  Obviously we've got to trust Benitez if that's what he wanted to do but I'd be worried personally that Hernandez would offer us little more than we already have.  Plus we'd have lost the option of Shelvey in tight games.

Guest firetotheworks

Problem is Hernandez record this season is shite, no better than Gayle's.  Obviously we've got to trust Benitez if that's what he wanted to do but I'd be worried personally that Hernandez would offer us nothing better than what we have plus we'd have lost the option of Shelvey in tight games.

I wouldn't take too much notice of his form this season tbh. The West Ham fans I've spoken to this season have been bemoaning him being misused. Even then, for him being a supposed flop, he has 4 in 12 starts, which isn't terrible by any means. 28 goals in 45 starts at Leverkusen as well.

Guest reefatoon

Late move for D. Sakho according to @DeanJonesBR

Looks like he's already on the move to Palace though?

We tried . . . .

Aye, Bilic was playing Hernandez on the wing wasn't he?  Despite him clearly being a poacher who needed to be near goal.

I'd rather we stayed clear of tiny strikers though tbh, it's getting harder and harder to accomodate them in the modern game.

I think it's at the point now where, as fans, we need to do something more, a concerted effort, to drive Ashley out of this club once and for all. It's absolutely ridiculous that we have an owner who has no desire to spend money on his investment, and will happily, by the looks of it, let it wither and die.

This is the worst possible time to show supporter unreset against the current owner.

I'd do a straight swap Shelvey for Hernandez like.

I'd rather be scrapping around for a centre midfielder on loan than a striker.

As grim as this whole farce is.

Beggars can't be choosers, but I really don't like Hernandez and fail to see how he fits into Rafa's system.  That said, our strikers are utter shite and none of them fit, either :lol:

Well that's the problem. We've got two big strikers who can't score goals, and if you are playing with one striker he really does need to be a goal scorer. I suppose Hernandez would be an upgrade on Gayle whose our version of a pure goal poacher. There's better options out there, but we won't pay what it takes to get them in.

FC Utrecht hopes to strengthen itself with the Frenchman Massadio Haïdara.

The 25-year-old left back with Senegalese roots is allowed to leave Newcastle United, where he has little to play. The defender previously played for Nancy, after which in 2013 he sold 2.5 million to The Magpies.

There the former youth international signed for 5.5 years until next summer. Haïdara has to follow Edson Braafheid at FC Utrecht who emigrates to the United States

At this stage Rafa has his hand down the back of the sofa looking for the Andy Carroll money.

It's probably not the only thing he's gonna have to have his hand down the back of this window.

Steve McClaren spent that. Steve McClaren spent all our money :lol:

Its really hard to believe even a dick like Ashley could trust him with his only ever real investment.

It was Graham Carr he trusted, not McClaren.