Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wish I hadn't looked up this guy. By all accounts he is a massive talent (the link below calls him the next Ronaldinho ffs) and very highly thought of in Brazil, with Liverpool and Barca the clubs apparently registering an interest.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-gremio-brazilian-luan-klopp-10411399

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/354923/luan-gremio-release-clause-south-america/

Even ignoring our ineptitude in the market, this deal looks pretty farfetched in all honesty.

Sounds more like they've been trying to get him a move to a big club, but those clubs don't seem to rate him as highly as the typical talents they go for.

The guy is 24 and still in Brazil, and with a clause that low?! Think we have a chance tbh.

Watford managed to get Richarlison over the summer, who has been brilliant. And he is only 20 years old and only cost them £11m. Where was the competition for him?

I'd be shocked and delighted if we signed Luan. Was instrumental in Gremios Copa Libertadores title and has been excellent whenever I've seen him play. Would be a real coup if we actually did this.

I'd be shocked and delighted if we signed Luan. Was instrumental in Gremios Copa Libertadores title and has been excellent whenever I've seen him play. Would be a real coup if we actually did this.

:lol: That'll be the end of that then.

Tell you what gives me a bit more hope too.

Rafa has previous with Gremio. Bought Lucas Leiva direct from them in 2007.

Hopefully this Luan link is true and a good relationship with Rafa facilitates this.

Tell you what gives me a bit more hope too.

Rafa has previous with Gremio. Bought Lucas Leiva direct from them in 2007.

That'll be the reason for the bullshit article then. :thup:

You guys even wake up miserable :lol:

It's pathetic! Listen goof ball, I have spoken it into existence. It's going down  :D

Utter nonsense.  We're apparently the front runnners for the signing of a young brazilian attacker ahead of Barca and Liverpool?  Living on planet bullshit.

We'll be lucky to get a second choice striker from a championship club.

I actually think there are a few reasons we could actually do this:

A) would Rafa know the player and be interested? Yes

B) does he fit the club’s model of never breaking its transfer record? £15.7m - Yes

C) easily activated release clause at less than player’s potential future value? Yes

D) Young? 24 - Yes

E) Can sell to bigger club in a few years for a large fee? If Liverpool and Barca are interested but hesitant for whatever reason I’d imagine they would still want to look again when he is 26 with two years of European experience.

But then again:

A) Lee Charnley

B) Justin Barnes

C) Mike Ashley

Luan! Offered to Newcastle (to bump up price/create imaginary interest?) Don’t think he would have been on the list and doubt anybody who wasn’t would even be considered at this stage. He looks exciting though. Get Mira to give him a bell!

Utter nonsense.  We're apparently the front runnners for the signing of a young brazilian attacker ahead of Barca and Liverpool?  Living on planet bullshit.

Clearly Barca and Liverpool aren’t interested or he would already be on the plane

Kaka. At the end of transfer window, it will be you who is sitting with a box full of sleeping pills and a bottle of whiskey.

It's easier to prepare yourself sooner.

Loads of time to get down about things once the window closes, so I'll hold off on things till then thanks  :)

But you guys go ahead and get a head start and I'll join you then if necessary.

Otherwise, he looks a fantastic fit and it seems to make a lot of sense. I am very hopeful.

You should try and be awesome like James!

Clearly Barca and Liverpool aren’t interested or he would already be on the plane

Exactly!