Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reckon this Brazilian lad is just the club trying to force the hand of Feyenoord with Jorgensen.

No genuine interest imo.

Good luck with that. Feyenoord have him on a 3.5 year deal and the World Cup is coming up. Why would they sell him on the cheap now with little to no time to secure a replacement because NUFC are pretending they will go for someone else if they don’t cave in? They’ve got us by the balls and the know it. If the deal falls through it will in all likeliness hurt us far more than it will hurt them.

Reckon this Brazilian lad is just the club trying to force the hand of Feyenoord with Jorgensen.

No genuine interest imo.

Do you actually believe that ? I don't. We don't want to buy anyone over a certain price and that's it.

Yeah I do, of course I don't expect us to offer anymore than we have but I wouldn't be surprised if this is being used to get Feyenoord to accept a lower offer or get nothing.

I suspect they are not that stupid and nothing will happen but still.

No genuine interest imo.

Good luck with that. Feyenoord have him on a 3.5 year deal and the World Cup is coming up. Why would they sell him on the cheap now with little to no time to secure a replacement because NUFC are pretending they will go for someone else if they don’t cave in? They’ve got us by the balls and the know it. If the deal falls through it will in all likeliness hurt us far more than it will hurt them.

Nah I agree with you, but I genuinely think that's what happening here.

Not that I think Feyenoord will fall for it, quite the opposite I think it will just lead to nothing happening as usual.

No genuine interest imo.

They already have a replacement in van Persie?

No genuine interest imo.

They already have a replacement in van Persie?

Van Persie has been brought in as Kuyt’s replacement - the role of experienced talisman. He has barely played in the last two years and there are huge question marks about his current ability and fitness. They’re also letting go of another forward (Kramer) and only have an unproven 18 year old (Vente) beyond that. No way was Van Persie brought in to replace their star striker with practically no cover.

He told us himself, he wont put another penny in and the club can only spend what it makes minus his cut of the profits.

What does his cut of the profits even mean? What profits?

Do you think he doesnt take money out of the club ?

Accounts not being my thing.. I wonder where St James Holdings Limited gets its money from to loan the club money, in which Ashley then pays himself back.

I suspect there is a lot money jumping from account to account.

http://i65.tinypic.com/15ebivm.jpg

Nope. It basically means he is legally helping the accounts by buffering buying players up front to lower that price then with the money received by selling players on at a higher price in an installment process. Directors loans mean he can take that buffer back and I guess tax free whilst also making our club look on paper poor because you are literally sucking the biggest thing in football (buying players) out of your business. It also means you can't pay much salary with that sort of cash flow situation.

No genuine interest imo.

Do you actually believe that ? I don't. We don't want to buy anyone over a certain price and that's it.

Yeah I do, of course I don't expect us to offer anymore than we have but I wouldn't be surprised if this is being used to get Feyenoord to accept a lower offer or get nothing.

I suspect they are not that stupid and nothing will happen but still.

Well Feyenoord are not going to just roll over and accept they have to sell to us, a club who just spent a week wasting their time because we might have turned to a player in Brazil. Come on Mole that's pure fantasy land, in fact thinking like you do there gives them credit for having some resemblance of a plan.

They don't have a plan, it's January the feckin 28th ffs. This window has been the most blatant yet in screwing the manager and fans over, i mean we've had 5 months to see where we need players and done nothing for 28 days, except Kenedy.

Maybe its apathy or just the aftermath of watching them today, but I can’t get either excited about signing some Dane who has not played at the top level that I hadn’t heard off till last week. Nor will I be that pissed off if we don’t sign him because he’s likely no better than what we have already and that’s saying something.

It will take more than Malcolm MacDonald leading the line to help this team.

Maybe its apathy or just the aftermath of watching them today, but I can’t get either excited about signing some Dane who has not played at the top level that I hadn’t heard off till last week. Nor will I be that pissed off if we don’t sign him because he’s likely no better than what we have already and that’s saying something.

It will take more than Malcolm MacDonald leading the line to help this team.

That’s the spirit

Guest reefatoon

It’s all pointless anyway, if he wasn’t shite already, he soon will be after being here a while. We used to call it “being Pardewed” but it just seems a trait of this whole football club now. Come sign for us and we will make sure you look utter shit within 6 months. We are the perfect career fucker. Happens to all our signings.

Don't think that's true, like. Lots of our players have improved since Rafa arrived. Some, like Lascelles and Atsu, have improved to the point of holding their own in the Premier League. Others, like Darlow, Yedlin, Clark and Hayden, have improved somewhat - but not to the same extent. Others, like Gayle and Ritchie, have regressed.

I knew Ritchie wouldn't be that much use, because he simply isn't quick enough, but I had high hopes for Gayle.

Rafa ....

"We have to keep working hard. I am sure I will keep working as hard as now with all my staff, and try to improve the team.

"We'll have chances. Obviously it's not ideal because I wanted to do my business by the 15th or the 20th, but I still have some days, and they believe we can do something."