Pre-Season 2016/17

Greg

Sat 09.07.2016- Fri 15.07.2016

Irish training camp

Sat 16.07.2016 Bohemian FC (a) 2pm

Wed 20.07.2016 Doncaster Rovers (a) 7.45pm

Sat 23.07.2016 Lokeren (a) 4.30pm (local)

Date tbc opposition (a) unconfirmed (Burnley was mentioned but they already have a game on 26.07)

Sat 30.07.2016 Vitesse Arnhem (h) 3pm

Newcastle United will travel to Ireland in July for a week-long pre-season training camp.

The Magpies will be based in County Kildare from Saturday 9th-Saturday 16th July, where they will step up their preparations for the 2016/17 Skybet Championship season.

At this time there will be no fixtures during the training camp, however the Club are in the advanced stages of finalising a number of friendlies for elsewhere in the pre-season campaign.

"This training camp will be all about hard work and trying to maximise the time we have together," said United boss Rafa Benitez.

"The venue is a great football environment with excellent facilities and not too far to travel, which was very important.

"The focus will be on fitness, making sure we all bond together and sharing ideas.

"It will be very hard work and we are confident that it will be the perfect way to prepare for the start of the new season."

Man I forgot how shit our Preseason was last year, losing to York (who eventually got Relegated from the football league.) Drawing to Sheffield Utd, losing to Club Atlas, losing to Portland Timbers reserves, and losing to Gladbach, only beating Gateshead via a penalty, and beating a 2nd division MLS side by an own goal, such shit man :lol:

Man I forgot how s*** our Preseason was last year, losing to York (who eventually got Relegated from the football league.) Drawing to Sheffield Utd, losing to Club Atlas, losing to Portland Timbers reserves, and losing to Gladbach, only beating Gateshead via a penalty, and beating a 2nd division MLS side by an own goal, such s*** man :lol:

Jesus. I had totally forgot all this to be honest.

Shambolic that!

Gini squaring off versus his old side, begging to be bought back. Luuk and Siem battling on which brother has the tamer shot, Luuk trying to prove his old club wrong and Graham Carr right, and finally, Jetro Willems plays for Me and the rest of the N-O faithful who were dieing to have him over here.  Count me excited.

£115pp to go watch us in Antwerp flying from Stansted (which I will be driving close to anyway on the Sunday morning) inc flights hotel and train.

Need to resist the temptation  :frantic:

They came to Ireland the last time we went down as well funny enough. Played Shamrock Rovers in the first game since Villa. Hope they try and squeeze a game in again.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked flights Stansted to London on the day of the Bohemian game, no idea about tickets. Sounds like a lot of their ground is closed off and capacity is restricted. A day on the beers in Dublin is a good enough plan B.

Might make it up for the Sunday of the reserve games up at Corby, it's only an hour up from London.

A number of media and fan sites in Holland report that Eredivisie side Vitesse Arnhem will provide opposition to Newcastle United in our only home pre-season game - at Gallowgate on Saturday July 30th with a 3pm kickoff.

Neither club have confirmed this as yet.

United have played a trio of friendlies against Dutch opponents at SJP three times in the last decade - PSV Eindhoven the side in question on each occasion.

From .com

Booked flights Stansted to London on the day of the Bohemian game, no idea about tickets. Sounds like a lot of their ground is closed off and capacity is restricted. A day on the beers in Dublin is a good enough plan B.

Might make it up for the Sunday of the reserve games up at Corby, it's only an hour up from London.

You'll be able to pay at the gate I'd imagine. Bohs will be mid season at that stage and they'll hardly put out a full team so they won't have a big home support. One of the worst grounds in Ireland though and that's saying something.

• 2 weeks later...