Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

As an amateur Eire fan, how am I supposed to feel about this result? I need guidance from the vets.

Happy that you can continue to mock England for their big posturing and not delivering, as per usual.

You can say 'typical england' with a :lol: smilely and bait the rest of the English born forum legitimately.

Kane was so bad

Kane's quality, he's just not a winger, neither is Vardy. Both are class forwards, but they aren't being played as such. Woy is doing a McClaren and trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

As an amateur Eire fan, how am I supposed to feel about this result? I need guidance from the vets.

Happy that you can continue to mock England for their big posturing and not delivering, as per usual.

You can say 'typical england' with a :lol: smilely and bait the rest of the English born forum legitimately.

Where was this like? :lol:

*clears throat*

Typical England :lol:

Where was this like? :lol:

Hey it's not for me to justify, it's what VI needs to say as an EIRE fan.

Kane was so bad

Kane's quality, he's just not a winger, neither is Vardy. Both are class forwards, but they aren't being played as such. Woy is doing a McClaren and trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Kane was up front the whole game man

Kane was so bad

Kane wasn't playing on the wing :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

The attempt to stop the cross looked a bit half-hearted.

Sterling is so exasperating with his decision-making. If there's a blind alley to run up, he'll find it.

Sterlings a sprinter .. we should hoy him in the Olympics at 100 metres cos he aint a footballer

Typical England :lol:

FUCK OFF :pow:

Kane was so bad

Eh, Kane played centrally for 90 minutes [emoji38]

This whole thing of closing out the game is fair enough, but at least leave one fast player up top. Bringing on Milner for Sterling and not then replacing Kane with Vardy is inexcusable.

English managers love to just throw on slow gritty hard working players and invite pressure on the team instantly.

Irrespective of the equaliser, I was going to be the stick in the mud and post this:

I'd only be satisfied with that England performance if I had very low expectations or ambition for England. It was reasonable enough but they did not work the Russia keeper nearly enough. I'd attribute that not to poor finishing (although that was a little bit in evidence) but poor chances. The Rooney piledriver was good, but apart from that I can't think of many other great chances where I'd expect a team to score from tbh.

Kane barely had a touch of the ball in dangerous areas because he was isolated up top alone. I'd be incandescent if I were Vardy after the season he's had. Sterling has done sweet fuck all to justify his place on the plane let alone a starting berth. He's been shoehorned in because Vardy can't play winger (because Rooney's been shoehorned into the side). It's ridiculous. Such potential to actually slice teams open and it's just going to go begging. Again. Square pegs forever in round holes. They can't even entertain the idea of not playing Rooney and just having Kane and Vardy up top, so they'll try every possible permutation or just trudge along with some short-stop solution that is barely passable.

The idea of having Vardy on as a super-sup really annoys me, and is quite patronising. If he comes on does something brilliant, it's not great management. It's Pardew bringing on HBA when all else fails. A good manager fucking starts his dangerous players from the off. Vardy has been destroying defences for the past 12 months who aren't leggy. He doesn't need for them to be leggy to be effective he just needs to be on the pitch (and not hamstrung by a system designed to accommodate a fat dinosaur).

I actually don't hate this England team. Cole, Terry, Gerrard are gone... but ffs. Keep playing Rooney, Sterling etc for no reason and I'll hate them again in no time.

Kane was so bad

Kane was up front the whole game man

Hard to tell, the only time I saw him was when he was taking corners.

Horrendous result given the performance. Ludicrous not to put Vardy on and push them back with pace. Sterling was doing that even though he messed up every break when he got to their box. Milner offers absolutely fuck all in that situation.