Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

Kane was so bad

Kane's quality, he's just not a winger, neither is Vardy. Both are class forwards, but they aren't being played as such. Woy is doing a McClaren and trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Kane was up front the whole game man

Hard to tell, the only time I saw him was when he was taking corners.

:lol:

It wasn't hard to tell at all if you've got working eyes

JUSTICE FOR CLIVE TYLDESLEY

As much as hodgson is at fault, tyldsley cursed the game with that total spunk of a comment.

The commentary was appalling. From 5 mins on it was relentless bias.

It would be interesting to know if anyone actually likes Tyldsleys commentary.

ITV eventually realised Chiles was a scrote, although poogatch is annoying, sounds like Tyldsleys brother....

Kane barely had a touch of the ball in dangerous areas because he was isolated up top alone. I'd be incandescent if I were Vardy after the season he's had. Sterling has done sweet f*** all to justify his place on the plane let alone a starting berth. He's been shoehorned in because Vardy can't play winger (because Rooney's been shoehorned into the side). It's ridiculous. Such potential to actually slice teams open and it's just going to go begging. Again. Square pegs forever in round holes. They can't even entertain the idea of not playing Rooney and just having Kane and Vardy up top, so they'll try every possible permutation or just trudge along with some short-stop solution that is barely passable.

This is absolutely bang on.

Eric Dier what a well spoken dude man. England will be okay man. Just made it a bit tougher for themselves. Wales game is big now.

:lol: Y'all gonna debate Wales?

Going to be tense for England fans man. It's already a bit of a "derby" let's say, so Wales will be up for it, especially coming off the win. Unfortunately now there is added pressure on England.

Irrespective of the equaliser, I was going to be the stick in the mud and post this:

I'd only be satisfied with that England performance if I had very low expectations or ambition for England. It was reasonable enough but they did not work the Russia keeper nearly enough. I'd attribute that not to poor finishing (although that was a little bit in evidence) but poor chances. The Rooney piledriver was good, but apart from that I can't think of many other great chances where I'd expect a team to score from tbh.

Kane barely had a touch of the ball in dangerous areas because he was isolated up top alone. I'd be incandescent if I were Vardy after the season he's had. Sterling has done sweet fuck all to justify his place on the plane let alone a starting berth. He's been shoehorned in because Vardy can't play winger (because Rooney's been shoehorned into the side). It's ridiculous. Such potential to actually slice teams open and it's just going to go begging. Again. Square pegs forever in round holes. They can't even entertain the idea of not playing Rooney and just having Kane and Vardy up top, so they'll try every possible permutation or just trudge along with some short-stop solution that is barely passable.

The idea of having Vardy on as a super-sup really annoys me, and is quite patronising. If he comes on does something brilliant, it's not great management. It's Pardew bringing on HBA when all else fails. A good manager fucking starts his dangerous players from the off. Vardy has been destroying defences for the past 12 months who aren't leggy. He doesn't need for them to be leggy to be effective he just needs to be on the pitch (and not hamstrung by a system designed to accommodate a fat dinosaur).

I actually don't hate this England team. Cole, Terry, Gerrard are gone... but ffs. Keep playing Rooney, Sterling etc for no reason and I'll hate them again in no time.

Lallana forcing a save first half with a well-struck shot? Rooney forcing a fabulous save onto the bar?

Irrespective of the equaliser, I was going to be the stick in the mud and post this:

I'd only be satisfied with that England performance if I had very low expectations or ambition for England. It was reasonable enough but they did not work the Russia keeper nearly enough. I'd attribute that not to poor finishing (although that was a little bit in evidence) but poor chances. The Rooney piledriver was good, but apart from that I can't think of many other great chances where I'd expect a team to score from tbh.

Kane barely had a touch of the ball in dangerous areas because he was isolated up top alone. I'd be incandescent if I were Vardy after the season he's had. Sterling has done sweet f*** all to justify his place on the plane let alone a starting berth. He's been shoehorned in because Vardy can't play winger (because Rooney's been shoehorned into the side). It's ridiculous. Such potential to actually slice teams open and it's just going to go begging. Again. Square pegs forever in round holes. They can't even entertain the idea of not playing Rooney and just having Kane and Vardy up top, so they'll try every possible permutation or just trudge along with some short-stop solution that is barely passable.

The idea of having Vardy on as a super-sup really annoys me, and is quite patronising. If he comes on does something brilliant, it's not great management. It's Pardew bringing on HBA when all else fails. A good manager f***ing starts his dangerous players from the off. Vardy has been destroying defences for the past 12 months who aren't leggy. He doesn't need for them to be leggy to be effective he just needs to be on the pitch (and not hamstrung by a system designed to accommodate a fat dinosaur).

I actually don't hate this England team. Cole, Terry, Gerrard are gone... but ffs. Keep playing Rooney, Sterling etc for no reason and I'll hate them again in no time.

Bang on, Kane starting ahead of Vardy was totally unjustifiable based on any metric and it was proven today to be completely the wrong decision, as expected.

"Fair play Roy Hodgson." :lol: Nah, soz.

So close though. Team selection wasn't too bad, started well, very good first half, even had a bright spell early in the second half and then the goal... but then it all fell apart.

Eric Dier what a well spoken dude man. England will be okay man. Just made it a bit tougher for themselves. Wales game is big now.

Going to be tense for England fans man. It's already a bit of a "derby" let's say, so Wales will be up for it, especially coming off the win. Unfortunately now there is added pressure on England.

You'll win. Wales has like three players. There was a dude wearing dress shoes playing for them today, ffs.

"Fair play Roy Hodgson." :lol: Nah, soz.

So close though. Team selection wasn't too bad, started well, very good first half... but then it all fell apart.

We've got good players and he set them up well for a change. The in-game management was rubbish.

Think everyone agrees Vardy should have been for Kane though, even ignoring the circumstances at the end. Kane was by far our worst player tonight, and I rate him highly.

The idea of having Vardy on as a super-sup really annoys me, and is quite patronising. If he comes on does something brilliant, it's not great management. It's Pardew bringing on HBA when all else fails. A good manager f***ing starts his dangerous players from the off. Vardy has been destroying defences for the past 12 months who aren't leggy. He doesn't need for them to be leggy to be effective he just needs to be on the pitch (and not hamstrung by a system designed to accommodate a fat dinosaur).

Well said

Kane barely had a touch of the ball in dangerous areas because he was isolated up top alone. I'd be incandescent if I were Vardy after the season he's had. Sterling has done sweet fuck all to justify his place on the plane let alone a starting berth. He's been shoehorned in because Vardy can't play winger (because Rooney's been shoehorned into the side). It's ridiculous. Such potential to actually slice teams open and it's just going to go begging. Again. Square pegs forever in round holes. They can't even entertain the idea of not playing Rooney and just having Kane and Vardy up top, so they'll try every possible permutation or just trudge along with some short-stop solution that is barely passable.

The idea of having Vardy on as a super-sup really annoys me, and is quite patronising. If he comes on does something brilliant, it's not great management. It's Pardew bringing on HBA when all else fails. A good manager fucking starts his dangerous players from the off. Vardy has been destroying defences for the past 12 months who aren't leggy. He doesn't need for them to be leggy to be effective he just needs to be on the pitch (and not hamstrung by a system designed to accommodate a fat dinosaur).

Lallana forcing a save first half with a well-struck shot? Rooney forcing a fabulous save onto the bar?

The Lallana shot wasn't one I'd expect a team to score from 8/10 tbh. The Rooney one is the "piledriver" I referred to in the bit bolded. We dominated a team with no attacking intent until the last minute, sure, but even if you call the Lallana chance a good one - is that really satisfactory? Not for me. Not if I think England can go further in the tournament, and just be the best they can be.

:lol: :thup:

Think everyone agrees Vardy should have been for Kane though, even ignoring the circumstances at the end. Kane was by far our worst player tonight, and I rate him highly.

You could have done that today perhaps, but Kane's a different animal with Vardy on there. If the defence are watching Vardy, which they would due to his pace - Kane would get far more freedom to affect play. If you play just him he has two cbs to cover everything he does.

didn't vardy finish the season in scintillating form?  Ive seen countries go to tournaments before, and pick their inform strikers, and they've scored goals and done well. Like a magic formula or something.

Rooney played really well first half IMO, and before the game I certainly wouldn't have picked him. Sterling started well and lost his way, again a player I probably wouldn't have picked.

It was a good performance overall, let down by the sucker punch right at the end after we inevitably dropped too deep and asked for it.

And I'm normally the first to slag England off.

You'll win. Wales has like three players. There was a dude wearing dress shoes playing for them today, ffs.

Nigeria been invited to the proceedings?

Just kidding. Would like to see England do well, as they have suffered too long. Obviously not as huge to me as others.