Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

Thing is, if this lot absolutely spank Slovakia it would be brilliant, but will reopen all the debate about whether or not Rooney should play.

I think the most realistic outcome is that Vardy and Sturridge comes in though and the rest stay as they are, which is probably the right decision anyway.

If 3 national newspapers (two very credible ones) are running with the Rooney not playing story I'd say that's more likely than just the two strikers coming in

Thing is, if this lot absolutely spank Slovakia it would be brilliant, but will reopen all the debate about whether or not Rooney should play.

I think the most realistic outcome is that Vardy and Sturridge comes in though and the rest stay as they are, which is probably the right decision anyway.

If 3 national newspapers (two very credible ones) are running with the Rooney not playing story I'd say that's more likely than just the two strikers coming in

Meant for the KOs, because obviously Rooney is coming back for that. Basically the only changes to the team i see sticking going forward is Sturridge and Vardy for Sterling and Kane and that's assuming they perform, the rest will probably be as it was.

Slovakia are pretty decent like

Aye, anyone thinking it's a pushover are mistaken.

Aye, they need to win an all. Treating the game as a friendly is fucking stupid. Honestly wonder what Roy's plan was coming into this tournament, he's just winging it by the looks of things.

Meant for the KOs, because obviously Rooney is coming back for that. Basically the only changes to the team i see sticking going forward is Sturridge and Vardy for Sterling and Kane and that's assuming they perform, the rest will probably be as it was.

:thup:

Team tomorrow should be Sturridge and Vardy in for Kane and Sterling and build up some momentum hopefully. Wouldn't be surprised if we draw and Wales win and we end up 2nd

If Wales can beat them so can we, if you can't beat Slovakia you might as well pack it in and go home anyway.

You can beat them obviously, it's just not some foregone conclusion and teams have had worse results than not beating Slovakia and gone on to do well before

Not just Rooney tbh.

:thup:

Team tomorrow should be Sturridge and Vardy in for Kane and Sterling and build up some momentum hopefully. Wouldn't be surprised if we draw and Wales win and we end up 2nd

I'd take that, as I'd have to work on Saturday should England win the group. And I really don't want to work on Saturday as Friday is midsummer, one of biggest holidays in Sweden where large amounts of alcohol will be consumed.

If Wales can beat them so can we, if you can't beat Slovakia you might as well pack it in and go home anyway.

Might as well play 1 at the back for craic then.

We still need to play our best team, we're in a tournament.

France rested players tonight despite knowing that a defeat would have seen them have a very tricky tie against either Germany or Poland. I don't have too much of a problem with it actually.

I reserve the right to change this opinion at 10pm on Monday. :lol:

Coming 2nd wouldn't be too bad as long as Portugal don't come 2nd in F. No way would Ronaldo keep missing sitters if playing against us.

Besides the penalties I don't think he's missed any sitters

Coming 2nd wouldn't be too bad as long as Portugal don't come 2nd in F. No way would Ronaldo keep missing sitters if playing against us.

Besides the penalties I don't think he's missed any sitters

Couple of headers and a chance from a cross in the last game are 100% sitters for him.  Honestly he should have had hat-tricks in both games

Win the group, and it's probably one of Albania, Northern Ireland or Croatia/Czech Republic/Turkey (3rd from A, C or D)

2nd in the group and it's probably well.. anyone's guess :lol: Whoever comes 2nd from Hungary (4), Iceland (2), Portugal (2) & Austria (1) Current pts bracketed (2nd from F)

3rd in the group, probably Spain/Croatia or Germany/Poland (Winner of C or D)

France rested players tonight despite knowing that a defeat would have seen them have a very tricky tie against either Germany or Poland. I don't have too much of a problem with it actually.

I reserve the right to change this opinion at 10pm on Monday. :lol:

Agreed :lol:. It's a tourney at the end of a long season, with a number of games played in quick succession. You give some players a break, while getting others up to speed. I'm all for it tbh.

We'll play better without cumbersome Wayne slowing possession down, failing to make frequent forward runs and sluggishly pressing opponents. Although, there will be a reduction in long, lofted, cross-field balls which look pretty...

We'll play better without cumbersome Wayne slowing possession down, failing to make frequent forward runs and sluggishly pressing opponents. Although, there will be a reduction in long, lofted, cross-field balls which look pretty...

You captured the negative consequences of playing Rooney really well, IMO. How come the 'professional' opinion/ commentary is so universally positive? Genuinely puzzled why nobody is drawing attention to lack of energy.

I'm surprised he's changed the full backs. There's a case for keeping a settled back four, and defenders aren't usually as much in need of rest as attacking players.

Resting Rooney makes sense, and it would be good to give Wilshere some game time. He's unlucky to be missing out and might well make a case for a start.

We haven't seen the best of Alli so far, so again giving him a rest might help. Henderson I don't rate very highly, but he's a better bet than Milner.

Giving the Sturridge-Vardy-Lallana combination is an obvious step, in light of what we've seen.

So apart from the full backs, it looks fair enough.

I reserve the right to change this opinion at 10pm on Monday. [emoji38]

France almost paid for that, they should have conceded a penalty in injury time which if scored would have seen them come second. Also for a side that's failed to establish any real rhythm I doubt this will help them on that score.

Win the group, and it's probably one of Albania, Northern Ireland or Croatia/Czech Republic/Turkey (3rd from A, C or D)

2nd in the group and it's probably well.. anyone's guess :lol: Whoever comes 2nd from Hungary (4), Iceland (2), Portugal (2) & Austria (1) Current pts bracketed (2nd from F)

3rd in the group, probably Spain/Croatia or Germany/Poland (Winner of C or D)

This fucking tournament. :lol: