Group E - Italy (Q), Belgium (Q), Ireland (Q), Swe - ITA 0-1 IRL | SWE 0-1 BEL

Wullie

Really hate Henry as a pundit, offers very little

I don't know joey, i think he has a certain je ne sais quoi....

(this is what it feels like joey  :lol:)

Send me some horrific vegan crocs and we'll have fully swapped

Ho!

Interesting to see if Conte tries to play the 3-5-2 at Chelsea. Thought it looked tremendous today for the Italian team. Defended and attacked really well with the formation.

Find it funny everyone is having a go at Hazard when he was constantly running around getting on the ball trying to get them back into the game while De Bruyne was utterly shit throughout and is getting fuck all flack

Find it funny everyone is having a go at Hazard when he was constantly running around getting on the ball trying to get them back into the game while De Bruyne was utterly shit throughout and is getting fuck all flack

Oh yeah, De Bruyne was crap, but he was in the better form going in.

Guest chopey

I first saw Lukaku play at St Jame's for West Brom and I thought he was amazing just a kid at the time and totally dominated our defence, but now I'm thinking perhaps it was Colo and fist pump

Find it funny everyone is having a go at Hazard when he was constantly running around getting on the ball trying to get them back into the game while De Bruyne was utterly s*** throughout and is getting f*** all flack

Hazard was also very selfish and run himself to 2 or 3 opponents couple of times. Belgium were poor throughout though..

Find it funny everyone is having a go at Hazard when he was constantly running around getting on the ball trying to get them back into the game while De Bruyne was utterly s*** throughout and is getting f*** all flack

Hazard was also very selfish and run himself to 2 or 3 opponents couple of times. Belgium were poor throughout though..

He was at times but I'd prefer that to standing out on the wing doing fuck all while your team needs you

Absolute pleasure to watch that Italian performance live. More or less in the Italian end too. Fantastic controlling of the game and keeping of shape and playing as a unit.

Belgium are rubbish.

Called it pre-tournament and got a load of s*** for it [emoji38]

You got a load of s*** because you said their squad wasn't great which isn't true. Belgium were good once they made the subs

Said Lukaku has 3 in 6 months, shown nowt to reiterate the hype. Was s**** today.

Said Hazard was s**** this season. Was s**** today.

Alderwiereld & Vertonghen are top defenders. De Bruyne is class.

After that, it's a load of good to just above 'good' players, nowt special

Hazard was good in the second half IMO. De Bruyne was about a million times worse. Mertens and Carrasco are very good players, Dembele is very good and should be starting. Courtois is class. The manager is the problem not the players

Disagree, manager is s*** but to say the players aren't the problem is far too simplified and is taking attention away from the fact they don't have that great of a team.

All their players are overrated as s*** :lol:. They don't have a single good playmaking CM or decent DM, no good fullbacks, Lukaku has like a 1 in 5 record at international level and most of their CBs are poor defenders but get hyped because they can score. ( the Spurs ones deficiencies get hidden because Pochettino is so good at protecting them)

There's just zero balance or changes of pace in this team and as alluded to they lack goal threat, yet somehow they are treated as some amazing team. Not to mention Hazard has hardly had a big match great performance in his career really( only one i can think of is against City when Demichelis played in midfield :lol: ), De Bruyne is probably their best player and even he isn't of the level required.

The rest are nowhere near as good as advertised and especially not good enough to make them a legitimate international threat.

Lukaku is overrated, I will stick to this conclusion for the rest of my days. And Hazard been crap for ages, that leaves De Bruyne.

You called it early last season when he was in the form of his life as well, so fair play. He can cause havoc when he's given the freedom of the park, but that's not going to happen against an Italian defence.

I do like Lukaku, but he should never be starting at this level. Certainly not against a team like Italy. Today was terribly embarrassing for him.

Having said all that he really should have still come away with a goal. That one on one he missed was ridiculous.

Lukaku is overrated, I will stick to this conclusion for the rest of my days. And Hazard been crap for ages, that leaves De Bruyne.

You called it early last season when he was in the form of his life as well, so fair play. He can cause havoc when he's given the freedom of the park, but that's not going to happen against an Italian defence.

He'll probably prove me wrong again in a couple of months TBF... I just think his fundamentals aren't that good. Obviously he is young but I wouldn't predict he'll get much better.

Hoping Italy ruin Sweden in their next game and are already gauranteed qualification by the time they play Ireland.

Fearing a Belgian backlash on Saturday, I just don't get how a team with so much talent could be as shit as they were tonight again.

That performance from Italy was fantastic, tournament high so far. I love Chiellini man, proper defender.

Belgium won't do shit under Wilmots, what style of play is he trying to create here. Hazard to run around a bit and try to skin players, when that doesn't work pump the ball into the 1 striker surrounded by countless defenders. And that midfield 3 were completely awful, how on earth Dembele doesn't start is beyond me.

Belgium are rubbish.

Called it pre-tournament and got a load of s*** for it [emoji38]

You got a load of s*** because you said their squad wasn't great which isn't true. Belgium were good once they made the subs

Said Lukaku has 3 in 6 months, shown nowt to reiterate the hype. Was s**** today.

Said Hazard was s**** this season. Was s**** today.

Alderwiereld & Vertonghen are top defenders. De Bruyne is class.

After that, it's a load of good to just above 'good' players, nowt special

Hazard was good in the second half IMO. De Bruyne was about a million times worse. Mertens and Carrasco are very good players, Dembele is very good and should be starting. Courtois is class. The manager is the problem not the players

Disagree, manager is s*** but to say the players aren't the problem is far too simplified and is taking attention away from the fact they don't have that great of a team.

All their players are overrated as s*** :lol:. They don't have a single good playmaking CM or decent DM, no good fullbacks, Lukaku has like a 1 in 5 record at international level and most of their CBs are poor defenders but get hyped because they can score. ( the Spurs ones deficiencies get hidden because Pochettino is so good at protecting them)

There's just zero balance or changes of pace in this team and as alluded to they lack goal threat, yet somehow they are treated as some amazing team. Not to mention Hazard has hardly had a big match great performance in his career really( only one i can think of is against City when Demichelis played in midfield :lol: ), De Bruyne is probably their best player and even he isn't of the level required.

The rest are nowhere near as good as advertised and especially not good enough to make them a legitimate international threat.

Come on man. Nainggolan is sought after by the biggest clubs in the world, Alderweireld is maybe the best centre back in the EPL, Dembele had an amazing season and Lukaku just wrapped up a 25 goal season with a pretty meh Everton side. And that's leaving out the likes of Courtois, de Bruyne, Hazard, Batshuayi etc. It's a great group of players no matter how you look at it - however they've clearly not moulded into a team and that's the problem.

Wilmots seems to be pretty clueless and Belgium play with an air of self-entitlement which they haven't even come close to earning yet. Only Hazard seemed to be up for it and that's because he'd done fuck all with Chelsea this season. Axel Witsel and Fellaini starting ahead of Dembele and Mertens was also a joke.