Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

I hope a lot of people took them thinking that they could use them all season and they are brought back into SJP on Wednesday.

Some sad little people in this world, sadly, no matter how this is run there will always be the odd idiot(s) who try to ruin it by doing something ridiculous.

Great effort though, well done. I hope this continues all season as there was a huge build up for the game on Saturday, I don't want it just to fizzle out.

I was so disappointed with the defeat, that I couldn't even be arsed to check how the campaign went. Just saw some clips and pictures - it is fucking gorgeous! Huge thanks to everybody involved in the initiative. Winning or losing, premiership or League 1, as long as there are fans like this at SJP, I'm relaxed about the club's future. Brilliant effort!

Was amazing at the start of the game, I was in the gallowgate and was in awe at how great it all looked and sounded, all credit to the boys who sorted it all out.

Couldn't help but think how amazing it would have looked had it been possible to get the whole stadium involved even just for one game, but that would be nigh on impossible to organise I would think.

We only handed them out to people who emailed gallowgate flags, we gave them a password, I would say about half were handed out and none went missing yesterday ! A bit strange because we had about 300 emails and some of those asking for two flags. We're looking to push on and we are going to have a bigger display for the wolves league game.

Although a lot fewer it still looked good yesterday (from the Leazes). Was it intentional to split the larger flags across sections/the lower walkway rather than concentrating them in the corner? It missed hundreds of smaller flags bridging the gaps but it still looked good.

We only got in 10 mins before kick off but it seemed a lot quieter as we walked up passed the Strawberry. Had the pre match music been swapped/turned off as the combination of the two was great against Huddersfield?

I thought the atmosphere was OK yesterday - certainly during the first half.  It gets quieter when we start to get nervous as we still don't have confidence that the team are not going to mess up.

Brighton fans were claiming how loud they were and how unimpressed they were with our support as we never made a sound but sat in the Gallowgate, I never heard a sound from them all game.

The problem is a lot of the sound drifts out of the stadium and never reaches the other end.

I thought the atmosphere was OK yesterday - certainly during the first half.  It gets quieter when we start to get nervous as we still don't have confidence that the team are not going to mess up.

Brighton fans were claiming how loud they were and how unimpressed they were with our support as we never made a sound but sat in the Gallowgate, I never heard a sound from them all game.

The problem is a lot of the sound drifts out of the stadium and never reaches the other end.

Aye not the best atmosphere yesterday, as you say though I'm putting down to nerves. Brighton fans were silent for large parts of the game and ironically they randomly started chanting 'Shall we sing a song for you?' a couple of times. The most I heard from them was for the final 20 minutes when they did a constant clap. Not a chance they can claim to have created a fantastic atmosphere yesterday, they were just as bad as us. The 500 Cheltenham fans in midweek created a better atmosphere.

In saying this though I have nothing against them and I hope they get promoted with us, and that's something considering I hate seeing the southern teams get promoted.

It's all down to the acoustics of the stadium. The Gallowgate is by far the noisiest area of the ground now and they way it's designed with the sloping roof means that the noise generated from there travels straight down onto the pitch which is exactly where you wanted to go. For this reason the away fans, up high in the opposite end shouldn't really be able to hear much from there. This is why a lot of opposition managers comment on our crowd being loud but most visiting fans think we're quiet.

Regarding yesterday's flag display we got in at 4.55, I gave my password to the lad and got my flag. I'll do it for the next game as well but I'll be honest, waving one of those things for half an hour narve gives you arm ache. The email stated we needed to be inside the ground between 4.30-5.05 which I think might put a few people off. Noticed quite a few people around me who started packing their flags back up by 5.15. I think they should scrap the time window and if volunteers want to come in 10-15 mins before kick off, then this shouldn't be a problem. It was only 5-6 minutes before kick off when they turned the music off anyway.

I think it's more down to the fact that only a tiny amount of fans are interested in singing IMO. Been like this at St James' for years. Obviously exacerbated when the team isn't doing anything.

Fair point. Hopefully once The Corner establishes itself as the singing section of the ground it will gain more attention and followers, and it will naturally expand to areas of the Gallowgate.

Can't for the life of me understand how people go to a match to sit down and not sing.