Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

The display meant a lot to me and I loved it. It sent chills down my spine and to be part of tonight in person, after 27 years of supporting this club was a truly special moment. I didn’t think anything was lost but I know I’m speaking from a far different mindset based on my circumstances for tonight. 

32 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The atmosphere was just weird all round. Really muted walking up to the ground pre kick off. The deafening champions league adverts and god awful pre match music killed the ability to get the songs going prior to the display.

And then when the display came, as beautiful as it was (and honestly I appreciate you guys and your efforts massively), I do feel like it may have had a weird effect on the lack of ability to really make a cauldron of noise when they came out.

After that though, it was entirely on the fans. There were some good moments, but for far too many long periods it was near silent.

Not questioning that mate and you're entitled to your opinion, but I personally feel that the crowd had an expectancy to win tonight, an arrogance, the same arrogance which meant we spanked PSG. The display should fire folk up. I don't understand why it wouldn't in all honesty?

Their hands might be full but their mouths aren't?

Edited by Heron

The cunt with the microphone telling people when to hold the paper up and then giving a countdown was cringeworthy as fuck and orchestrated bullshit mind.

I wouldn't bother with a display for Milan and just see how the atmosphere plays out.

Said it before but too many people think waving a flag equates to us having a good atmosphere

3 hours ago, jack j said:

The cunt with the microphone telling people when to hold the paper up and then giving a countdown was cringeworthy as fuck and orchestrated bullshit mind.

I wouldn't bother with a display for Milan and just see how the atmosphere plays out.

Said it before but too many people think waving a flag equates to us having a good atmosphere

We asked for it because previously our displays with card have failed. It didn't this time.

I agree on the rest and after the ground created no atmosphere following what was (for me) one of our best displays to date I don't really feel like putting that level of effort in for the atmosphere to go off a cliff edge again.

I don't understand how a display like that doesn't get you pumped tbh.

6 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The atmosphere was just weird all round. Really muted walking up to the ground pre kick off. The deafening champions league adverts and god awful pre match music killed the ability to get the songs going prior to the display.

And then when the display came, as beautiful as it was (and honestly I appreciate you guys and your efforts massively), I do feel like it may have had a weird effect on the lack of ability to really make a cauldron of noise when they came out.

After that though, it was entirely on the fans. There were some good moments, but for far too many long periods it was near silent.

See what you're saying but the best noise comes from the roar, not clapping imo, and the display should do nothing to stop that.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

We asked for it because previously our displays with card have failed. It didn't this time.

I agree on the rest and after the ground created no atmosphere following what was (for me) one of our best displays to date I don't really feel like putting that level of effort in for the atmosphere to go off a cliff edge again.

Wasn't having a go at yous lads just seem contrived as fuck. The bloke gets on my tits to start with.

And aye I wouldn't be wasting your times in future.

There's far too many go get their picture of the displays for Instagram and Facebook then sit and say fuck all

25 minutes ago, jack j said:

Wasn't having a go at yous lads just seem contrived as fuck. The bloke gets on my tits to start with.

And aye I wouldn't be wasting your times in future.

There's far too many go get their picture of the displays for Instagram and Facebook then sit and say fuck all

Yeah the Wor Flags doing nowt is definitely the way to fix a shit atmosphere after their displays.

What a weird statement.

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Yeah the Wor Flags doing nowt is definitely the way to fix a shit atmosphere after their displays.

What a weird statement.

The post they put on twitter last night suggests they aren't amused with how poor the atmosphere was

What use is waving flags before the game it there's fuck all atmosphere during it

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Feel for you lads, brilliant display, really shows how dependant on lads we are. PSG there was loads of lads standing back of leazes clearly members but stood and sang hearts out. Same seats last night, sat flat as fart and me and 3 others singing on own.

We need to do seat moves simple as that. Get the proper lads together.

@Heron dunno when you lot are next meetinh club but i would mention fans wanting more atmosphere, singing section etc. And @Greg from thr trust side.

Thdy listened on safe standing they might want to help us again

Even another 2k in Leazes oppisite strawberry corner

On the subject of the pre match atmosphere, what the hell was that solid 10 mins or so of shit dance music about? Sir Les chatting away with that beat in the background, weird choice given their fans and their fucking drum

18 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

On the subject of the pre match atmosphere, what the hell was that solid 10 mins or so of shit dance music about? Sir Les chatting away with that beat in the background, weird choice given their fans and their fucking drum

I don't think that was anyone's choice. It was beaming from the big screen... a load of Champions League sponsor ads.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don't think that was anyone's choice. It was beaming from the big screen... a load of Champions League sponsor ads.

Ah right, assumed it was that knacka DJ at it again

12 hours ago, Paully said:

Great night at the Elmfield in Hebburn last night thanks to South Tyneside Toon Travel and Sir Les! 

IMG_1963.jpeg

Need to catch up in the group but this is unreal if so like. We are truly blessed by umthe unwavering support of Newcastle United fans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone from WorFlags have any knowledge of whether £17k for the Mackem display yesterday is in line with expectations from a cost perspective?

Rivalries aside, because the lads doing it have been getting some serious abuse and I’m genuinely intrigued.